Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...came across this bad boy for $2,800...it fits MOST of the bill. I think it would get the job done but my lady thinks she would be embarrassed of it and wants to wait to find a nicer one! (which of course means spending more!) 2010 model trailer...I can't decide if I should mess with it!? I don't know if I'll find anything that cheap again...should I bite!?

Attachments

·
Registered
546 Posts
I would roll with that all day. As long as the inside was clean. And didn't leak water, I would buy it..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
548 Posts
I'd snag it. Even if you decide you don't like it, it'd be easy to split it up and get your money back. Plus, it'll be easy to find your campsite after a long night 'round the fire!

·
Registered
172 Posts
$2800? Heck ya! Like was said as long as its clean and doesn't smell bad.....a heck of a lot less then what you'll find out there in a factory built toy hauler.....like Murph said....you aren't never going to mistake which campsite is yours!

·
Registered
806 Posts
How much room is behind the camper. If you don't want it tell me where it is. I honestly don't think your wife will like it. You probably won't get any for a month if you but that.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I see those set ups all the time with jeeps or sxs's behind them !
if its solid an no leaks like mentioned buy it

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hell ya. At $2800 I'd buy it just for the principal of it. I had a toy hauler and I would say that has all the RV space of most out there that 1-have separate garage 2-dont have a slide. And quite frankly I don't want to load up my dirty toys into my living quarters. If I ever went back to a pull type RV it would be a camper on a trailer for sure. Most likely newer than what your looking at. But the same idea.

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
I wouldn't buy it for my own reasons. If the wife don't like it then I definitely wouldn't buy it lol.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I wouldn't buy it for my own reasons. If the wife don't like it then I definitely wouldn't buy it lol.
Even better. A boys weekend mobile.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
This is such a personal choice. But its functional and if it doesnt leak,then why not unless you need more room for kids.
Your biggest problem is your wife doesnt like it, so that pretty much cancels your chances.

Reactions: Tbtexas.com

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haha you guys have some great points! I showed this thread to my soon to be wife and she caved! We agreed with some good points on here...so I called the guy up and got him squeezed down a little more to $2,750 (he started at $3,500!) Headed to pick it up now...hope it's as decent as he says!

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
It's that for $2,800 or a 2013 crossroads for $19,000. If I only had the room it would be a heart beat away...

·
Registered
806 Posts
If that camper is in good shape then you got a steal. Those damn thing cost more than a bumper pull for some reason. I seen a 2001 model on craigslist for 16000. FTW. Just gonna get a RV and pull my trailer, lol.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Sounds to me like maybe his wife likes to accompany him on weekend rides.

All the more reason to buy it........:haha:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
After a 4hr roundtrip drive through the rain to pick it up I'm actualllllly really happy with it! We plugged it in and with the exception of one light EVERYTHING works! AC is ice cold! We searched every spot we could get into and found no mold or anything gross. The old guy that used to own it took excellent care of it. My girl is now actually excited and already making plans to do some interior updates. I'm going to do some work to clean up the outside and already have a ton of ideas (like swing out grill, retractable awning for the back...if they're cheap...? haha, pull out storage in the open space under the camper, some aluminum plate, etc.) I'll keep this updated as I go along!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
After a 4hr roundtrip drive through the rain to pick it up I'm actualllllly really happy with it! We plugged it in and with the exception of one light EVERYTHING works! AC is ice cold! We searched every spot we could get into and found no mold or anything gross. The old guy that used to own it took excellent care of it. My girl is now actually excited and already making plans to do some interior updates. I'm going to do some work to clean up the outside and already have a ton of ideas (like swing out grill, retractable awning for the back...if they're cheap...? haha, pull out storage in the open space under the camper, some aluminum plate, etc.) I'll keep this updated as I go along!
Why don't you put the camper in the truck bed and sell the trailer for what you paid for everything and buy a smaller trailer and you will be money ahead.....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts