Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just throwing this out there because it's usually nothing but problems and I think some are reading the forum and thinking these cars are nothing but problem.
So I'm running the original clutch which had the recall done from the factory, original belt, original starter (and it's the bad one) and so far everything is working just fine. Granted, I may not drive as hard as some do but I don't baby it either. Catch a little air here and there, blast some whoops and haul through the desert. No dunes yet but looking forward to Glamis before the year is over.
As of now I've got 309 miles at 21.4 hours. Probably jinxed myself now but we'll see. Not much riding to do in this heat anyhow.

So how about hearing from others who are trouble free. It'll be a good break from the gloom and doom!

Mav 2 Redrock.jpg

Reactions: Henry427

·
Registered
684 Posts
I've got zero problems as well. It hasn't left my garage though, except twice to blast up and down the road. All the problems you hear about on this forum have me a little uneasy as well. I will be taking it to dunefest at the end of the month and I hope that I am trouble free like yours has been.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i got 360 miles70 hours out of my starter and broke a axle about the same time too..but that was my fault
still have stock tie rods too..

I prob rode about 200 miles before my clutch came flying out the belt box lol.
upgraded clutches to cvtech and stm..

·
Registered
221 Posts
800 miles on mine of desert/dune fast/slow riding all stock except a spin on oil filter adaptor from MRRPM and a K&N air filter. she runs great !!

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
400 miles - all stock no problems ,100 miles of dunes to , ! :)

except a rear a-arm bushing looking a lil squeezed but they gave me a bag for the whole side and replaced old one with a new one , lol

knock on wood !!!

Reactions: Northof49

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
409 miles of pure fun and not one issue. I think I have around 20+ hrs so I have had my 10 hr service completed.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
desertdog, how many miles did you have on your ride before you swap the primary for QSC?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Dang!! I bent a tie rod by hitting something. Wish I could join y'all's club:crying:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dang!! I bent a tie rod by hitting something. Wish I could join y'all's club:crying:
Come on in! Not really counting driver error.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
I think I have 800 ish miles on mine with no clutch, tie rod, starter issues. I DID find a metal pin in my oil during the 10 hour service and blew a belt at 400 miles. But I run my shit hard and aint afraid to fix it with duct tape and tie wire.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I think I have 800 ish miles on mine with no clutch, tie rod, starter issues. I DID find a metal pin in my oil during the 10 hour service and blew a belt at 400 miles. But I run my shit hard and aint afraid to fix it with duct tape and tie wire.
I can vouch for that...lol, freakin nut!

I got 750 on mine with 1 bent tie rod (driver error), and 1 blown belt (driver abuse). If I break anything else...I'll fix that too

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I can vouch for that...lol, freakin nut!

I got 750 on mine with 1 bent tie rod (driver error), and 1 blown belt (driver abuse). If I break anything else...I'll fix that too
X2 On vouching for Mega! I never seen a sxs sidehill downhill on Old's like the buggies do till I ran with Mega. I was the hardest person I know on equipment, until I met Mega/Mike!

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
X2 On vouching for Mega! I never seen a sxs sidehill downhill on Old's like the buggies do till I ran with Mega. I was the hardest person I know on equipment, until I met Mega/Mike!
I am out to have fun and ain't afraid to fix my junk. I cannot wait for dune season. With a new single seat 1000cc sxs made to rip it up.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Can't wait to hear how that popo runs Mega!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts