Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had a little spare time last weekend and some extra 1.25" x .125" box tubing kicking around and decided to add a little protection for DAT AZZZZZ... I have a buddy with a gator that has similar protection like bed rails and I kinda like that idea give me something extra to strap to and I like the looks of it. im hoping the 3 feet of snow we have will hurry up and melt so I can ride this beast instead of staring at it trying to find different ways to blow money on it haha! BTW I am in no way claiming to be a professional fabricator just a hobby of mine so go easy on me! Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
looks pretty good to me. Job well done!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Actually looks decent for square tubing mixed with round cage tubing.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Looks good. I would box around the lights for protection and added strength to the bed rail. Imho.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Great job! I like it. It's a sure thing the rear fenders need some protection...pretty flimsy stock.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks good. I would box around the lights for protection and added strength to the bed rail. Imho.
yea I plan to I didn't have enough extra to make it come up around the tail lights which I do plan on doing in the near future... as it is right now the only chance I have to run into something is the walls of the shop and I cant even get to those because there is so much sh*t in the way haha!! time for some spring cleaning!!!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
looks nice.....but is it welded on to the cage and the rear gusset? What will you do it you have to remove the cage for anything....

·
Registered
155 Posts
looks nice.....but is it welded on to the cage and the rear gusset? What will you do it you have to remove the cage for anything....
Look closer heavy you got to get your eyes checked looks like it's got clamps to the roll bar I don't know about the rear gusset...lol

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Look closer heavy you got to get your eyes checked looks like it's got clamps to the roll bar I don't know about the rear gusset...lol
doh.....you're right......I couldn't see that on my laptop but pulled it up on my Mac and I see the clamps......

Reactions: 13MAVXRS

·
Registered
400 Posts
Looks great, thanks for sharing

·
Registered
529 Posts
looks great, nice idea.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

no it has clamps on the cage and it is bolted to the bracket for the rear winch mount. which I wont ever be using because I plan to have my winch mobile so I can switch from the front to back via 2" receiver if need be.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
got it...thanks for clarifying.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
looks good and sleek nice job !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts