Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the Maverick out Thursday for the first time. I immediately put it in "sport" mode & "high" gear & rode for an hour or so. Then I decided to shift to "low" and do some hill climbs, mudding & etc. I don't know if "sport mode" spoiled me or what, but this thing is a dog in "low" gear. I would rather buy a belt each trip out (due to 30" tires) than feel like im crawling in a Rhino. I need a sport low mode switch NOW!

·
Registered
164 Posts
They suck in low range even with stock tires on it. I have already replaced my belt because of keeping it in high range. Ive just been to lazy to do the Low sport range switch.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
What is the sports low mod?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
It's from the aftermarket, but the quality is that of an OEM. Search eBay for low sport mode. Last time I checked there was two different ones available, I bought the one for $190, and somebody else is selling one for $145. And you can take it off if you need to take the vehicle in for warranty work.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Glamis is on top of his game. Thanks man...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Low was allot lower than i expected, but in PA sometimes u got to creep along b/c its to rough or tight. So with low u don't get the clunk when ur trying to creep it works for me

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
so in low factory mode, what is the best speed yoru getting? I mean some of the hills i climb in low are really steep, and around 30 mph is it.. so would i need a sport low or am i good with factory. thanks for your time

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
You need Sport Low! It does 40 mph or a little faster. And it feels like your foot is controlling the throttle, instead of the computer! All it would take for anybody is to try it out on somebody else's Mav, and you'll be convinced!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
And the pics and diodes mentioned in this thread are how you can tap into the harness and build your own for 10 or 20 dollars. I wanted the plug and play so I could easily remove it with no evidence that it was installed.

·
Registered
217 Posts
just ordered a sport low switch from ebay i have mud nationals coming up and dont want to get in a mudhole and not have all the power i need

1 - 20 of 33 Posts