Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
always rode Polaris anow buying a new mav. still not sure im making the right choice over the xp1k but 5500 buck difference is very persuading. someone reassure me that im making the right choice!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
This has been beat to death! For 5500 bucks, no doubt get the maverick. I was going through the same thing 2 months ago when I got mine. For the same price, it would be a whole different argument... But with that much of a difference I think the xp1k is just overpriced.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How is the body roll on the mav? from just looking at it, it seems like it would be tippy, is it?

·
Registered
232 Posts
How is the body roll on the mav? from just looking at it, it seems like it would be tippy, is it?
Looks are deceiving. I was an early buyer and have not had any experience before in a sxs. Driven a couple buddies Rzr but from my experience, especially in the desert and dunes have never had a "tippy" moment. Go for a test ride, all my polaris buddies said it was different feel than the Rzr but still stable.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have wondered the same thing since I've got my Maverick I've noticed that there are a lot of videos of them just tipping over when you turn it's always concerned me with the Maverick. When you compare them to the wildcat they definitely look like they are top-heavy.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I rode a friends 900XP all weekend since mine is torn apart. I really like the Maverick better. Both have their good points, only way you'll know what's right is to ride each one of them.

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Congratulations and welcome.
Now call Alex at CT Racing and order the Oct special (tie rods and front brace), then Chris at Devious Powersport for some Pro Armor 5pt belts and a harness bar and maybe some doors are you are set.
Mavs are not tippy (even I have not flopped mine yet - been close but we race harder than 99% of drivers).
Go have fun!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to the Maverick family! Do some reading and you will find most anything you need to know on here about the Maverick......enjoy! You made a very wise choice and in a few years you will reflect back and be oh so glad that you did.....the XP1K release has been a major disappointment overall and just shows more of the same lack of quality from Polaris.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I know when I'm worried bout a decision I take it to the one I know will Never let me down, the one always eager to help,the almighty

Yoda image.jpg
Good Decision You Made, Happy You Will Be!!!!!!
:smile::big smile::in love:

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I was also concerned with the "tippiness" or it being top heavy but looks are very decieving. The Mav seats are actually lower than the seats in my Teryx. After my purchase, I bought some 2" wheel spacers for added width & stability. Now it's AWESOME. They also soften up the suspension so you can get some compression adjustment back. It makes a world of difference.

Reactions: LBSwank

·
Registered
998 Posts
The mav is a lot more stable than my xp9 was and will out handle any xp .. The mav can carve up trails and feels like it's on rails

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I can say that coming from quads and dirt bikes, that any SXS is going to feel tipsy......I test drove a Mav and felt very uncomfortable when pitching it around. Now I powerslide thru corners and do high speed cookies and don't think twice about it.....I haven't put it on it's lid or side yet (key word yet). So I totally get what people are saying. But once you get familiar with the way the body rolls and what the limits are, you become a lot more comfortable and confident in it.....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah im coming from a rzr s, since it is so much lower its sooo stable compared to my buddies xp9 but not enough ponies and travel for me. outgrew it really fast. looking forward to being able to steer more easily with the throttle and push harder.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah once you get used to it the added power becomes your friend. It can get you out of trouble.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I bought a left over base model for $13000 and that included a 3 yr warranty. So to me it was more of a $9k plus difference! I felt there was no way that it could be that much better.

·
Registered
90 Posts
yeah im coming from a rzr s, since it is so much lower its sooo stable compared to my buddies xp9 but not enough ponies and travel for me. outgrew it really fast. looking forward to being able to steer more easily with the throttle and push harder.
How much lower? Whats the actual ground clearance while trail riding?

·
Registered
216 Posts
I raced a 900 XP in the GNCC XC1 class last year finishing 6th Overall and podiumed with an almost stock 900. I raced all this season in a Maverick and if you're worried about handling the 900XP can't touch the Maverick. The XP 1000 from what my racer friends have told me isn't a huge improvement. Almost all of them are sticking with a 900 next year. Even Coastal Racing Kiger and Yokley are running the 900 next year. I can do with one hand in my Maverick what took lots of concentration and two hands in my 900. The Maverick is a lot higher quality than the Polaris. Tie rods, Radius Rods, and chassis brace is really all you need to bullet proof one if you're not racing. Any of my friends that have drove my Maverick sold their 900 and bought a Maverick. If you want an XP1K killer my Maverick is for sale in the for sale classifieds. If you buy a base contact me and I can hook you up with our race proven parts for a great price. Good luck in your decision.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Honestly, at this point you should sit down and make a list of pro's & con's for each. The hard part at this point will be to be 100% honest with yourself as to what is most important. It will be hard to remove your prejudice so you can make the right decision based on the facts which should be on those lists. In being honest with oneself, many people realize they want a certain brand just because its the newest fad and most popular, which is ok. But no matter which brand you choose, in order to be happy with your purchase you need to honest with yourself why you chose that brand. No one can know that but you!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts