Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Mav lovers!
We have a trailer compatibility question from user Mr Ted:

"I am looking at your 7712H Tilt. Since I will be buying my trailer first before my X3 I would like to know if it will Tilt properly with the Maverick X3 XRS ? I don't want to buy the trailer and 2-3 months later when I buy the x3 find out it doesn't work ? I know they are a little heavier in the rear and it will just about fill up the bed."

Here's our response:
This is what I got back from Manufacturing:
"The gas shock can’t be adjusted. The biggest thing about the tilt trailer is the wheelbase of the vehicle that is being loaded. And then the weight on the front tires. I want to say we have loaded a vehicle with a 106” wheelbase but not sure the weight on the front tires. It also depends on the speed at which you are loading the vehicle. If driving slow then it will probably tilt before the back tires are on the trailer. If load at a normal speed and stay consistent at the speed you are loading until all the way on it will probably work.

There really is no way to say if it will work or not without trying it."

Can anyone here give some first-hand experience with a similar Maverick model? Have you loaded it on one of our tilt trailers?

Thanks!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hey Mav lovers!
We have a trailer compatibility question from user Mr Ted:

"I am looking at your 7712H Tilt. Since I will be buying my trailer first before my X3 I would like to know if it will Tilt properly with the Maverick X3 XRS ? I don't want to buy the trailer and 2-3 months later when I buy the x3 find out it doesn't work ? I know they are a little heavier in the rear and it will just about fill up the bed."

Here's our response:
This is what I got back from Manufacturing:
"The gas shock can’t be adjusted. The biggest thing about the tilt trailer is the wheelbase of the vehicle that is being loaded. And then the weight on the front tires. I want to say we have loaded a vehicle with a 106” wheelbase but not sure the weight on the front tires. It also depends on the speed at which you are loading the vehicle. If driving slow then it will probably tilt before the back tires are on the trailer. If load at a normal speed and stay consistent at the speed you are loading until all the way on it will probably work.

There really is no way to say if it will work or not without trying it."

Can anyone here give some first-hand experience with a similar Maverick model? Have you loaded it on one of our tilt trailers?

Thanks!
Thanks for the follow up ! Good point. I didn't even think about it tilting 'prematurely'. I was worried with it being heavier in the rear and taking up most of the bed that it wouldn't tilt at all. I wouldn't have any problem loading at a consistent speed if that's all it takes. Knowledgeable responses will be appreciated. Thanks' again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts