Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I sold my RZR XP in preperation of receiving my Maverick. But to be honest, I'm a little worried about a few things. I was spoiled by the ease of cleaning and working on the rzr. Is it going to be a pain to clean the motor after every ride due to it's location? I'm OCD when it comes to cleaning, and my G2 Outlander sucks to clean compared to my G1 due to the amount of plastic. I hope it's not going to be the same for the Maverick. Same goes for working on it.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
You will need to remove the plastic that surounds the moter every time you want to clean it and its not hard only a PITA. I just did my once a year motor cleaning on my "X" this weekend. I also removed the accumlated mud in the chassis area.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Since your a mud rider you can remove the two black plastic panel on the bottom. I raced my commander for a full season of GNCC and that sped up the cleaning process plus help keep everything cool. Also I got really good at removing my skid plates.... which speeds up the process and ensures that all of the mud is gone for good. There really wasn't much mud around the motor when I was racing but if you get into deep mud like I know you will you will have to do a more thorough cleaning. Have fun. You'll get used to it after a few times and it becomes quicker. The Maverick will be a better mud machine because you won't have to deal with the trailing arms. I can't wait to get mine!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts