Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going thru the parts breakdowns of the 2014 maverick xmr and all other model of 2014 mavericks... all the parts are exact same except the covers... I thought the xmr had advertised clutch differences??

·
Registered
367 Posts
I think their website even stated mud specific clutching???
but they also have the width on the MR wrong as well...

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
it might be set up with mud springs and weights but im pretty sure its the same brp clutch that's in all , some have added ports for snorkeling and extra cooling duct cvt !

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not 1 single part number is different, I went to order every single piece off the parts list , and from a base model , to the xmr all parts were exactly same, from back cover to front to all seals and such. only difference was the early 13 model covers vs the later updated 13 model covers. so can-am is kinda pulling one over on us with the "mudder influenced clutch"

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
those lil son of guns ! :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
I would almost bet they set the clutches up different.Weights,arms,springs have to be different or you would have to think there's a lot left on the table as far as clutching goes.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nah plumdrum... all parts are the same, even from can-am if ordered direct , clutches are 100% same

·
Registered
371 Posts
I wonder if thats possibly an error on the parts break down? Someone needs to take a XMR clutch apart verify from the factory they have the same setup

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my dealer actually called brp to ask them, he said brp kinda studdered and couldn't explain.. go figure,

·
Registered
711 Posts
look at the part numbers for the transmission. different trans. lower gearing in the trans allows the clutch to be calibrated the same as a non XMR maverick and things work out the same. final drive ratios are the same with a stock mav and 27" tires as a 11% lower geared trans and 30" tires. i "think" the clutch is 100% identical, its the trans that they changed.

yep... the trans is different. the final drive sprockets are different.

regular trans = 420684783 Gear Box

XMR trans = 420686211 Gear Box

and i see that they already have 2 revisions of the XMR gear box. revision A and revision B so they have already changed something in the XMR gear box since the XMR came out. the part number is the same for the revision A gear box and the revision B gear box. so i would assume that when you purchase a gear box, you would get the newer revision B since it is the latest.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks airdam! so,... what would it take to just swap out the same gears in the trans to match?

·
Registered
711 Posts
i looked at the parts fische. i could not tell any differences in the cases, BUT then again they likely just used the same parts fische for both trans since the break down is the same. i would suspect that the trans case is beefed up to handle the gear reduction. i am not for sure. but i would think that with a gear reduction in the trans of a machine that makes 100hp, it would be more likely to flex the cases and bust a trans. i would think the engineers beefed up the cases, unless the cases were already beefy enough to handle it. i am not sure on the gear set that you would have to change. the part numbers show (not available) beside them. so as of now you cant order the gear sets. AND beside the trans part number it also says (not available) so as of now you cant really buy either the XMR trans or the gear sets that give it the gear reduciton.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmmm, need to find a dealer that will claim a warranty on a trans for hookup

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Ya its all the same

1 - 17 of 17 Posts