41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Can-am corp is smart, some think they aren't, they look at what we do with their product, from us mudders and such down here in the south, to you dune guys in the deserts. can-am see's what we put them thru, and they are the only company that you can actually buy their products and then buy their accesorie snorkel kits and stay factory warranty.. very smart in the world of atv and sxs for mudding. if I had the money to open a company, I would sell to what the market is, instead of letting the market come to me!

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
I was not talking about quality issues. I was merely talking about taking advantage of marketing opportunities.

I bet there will be more mud folks looking at the Maverick next time they go to purchase their next machine. But if that is 1 or 2 years down the line and all you see is advertisement from the other brands, which brand do you think they will look at first? It will be the one that is fresh in there mind.

Another thing to look at is access to dealers. The more dealers available the more someone is willing to purchase that product. If your have 3 local dealers of another brands and your closest Can Am dealer is a 2 hour drive, which product are 80% of the people going to purchase? This also comes down to marketing. If Can Am is adverstising/marketing there product lines more dealers will jump on board.

There is no dispute from me that Can Am makes a quality product. Just would be nice to see them more active in sponsoring races and ride events.
They do !!! There just at the east coast events Like gncc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Good to hear Can Am is at events.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
9,484 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Can-am was setup at the Mint 400 like a Boss! Had all their racing teams pits together and BRP Semi Trailer setup. Even thou Polaris sponsored the event BRP looked like they owned it. Sometimes it doesn't take throwing money at things to make a product sale! The right moves can make all the difference.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Can-am corp is smart, some think they aren't, they look at what we do with their product, from us mudders and such down here in the south, to you dune guys in the deserts. can-am see's what we put them thru, and they are the only company that you can actually buy their products and then buy their accesorie snorkel kits and stay factory warranty.. very smart in the world of atv and sxs for mudding. if I had the money to open a company, I would sell to what the market is, instead of letting the market come to me!
Its awesome that can am has the XMRs. How Polaris can sponsor the largest mud races in the country and not have a direct competitor to the XMR in their lineup is stupid.

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
I agree

41 - 52 of 52 Posts