Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Adam replaced my spider and worn parts on the STM that I didn't know was worn out. Yea the clutch does wear fast but now the car applies power really hard and is definitely faster than a popo or any of your Mavs...lol. Anyone care to race to prove the point? Benzo I will hit you up when I come to see Jason at Weller racing and hopefully you will drag your car down the shop.
Glad you figured out your issues with the car. Now if I win again there will be no excuses.

Only got my car to 77 this weekend out in Cal City.

By the way I thought Can Am has been dominating the mud scene for years. There 1000cc 4wd quad is a monster

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Adam replaced my spider and worn parts on the STM that I didn't know was worn out. Yea the clutch does wear fast but now the car applies power really hard and is definitely faster than a popo or any of your Mavs...lol. Anyone care to race to prove the point? Benzo I will hit you up when I come to see Jason at Weller racing and hopefully you will drag your car down the shop.
im out west u drive by me to get back home maybe we can meet in the desert along the way ? do pavement and dirt runs - just to compare your mods to a stock maverick ?,

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I live 1 mile from the Weller shop and have been waiting for them to figure out the mav before I take my car to them.
I did 4 peaks today fun fast road slide around every corner, but u gotta dodge all the fookin cars coming at u and went to the bar for lunch by the lake , was gonna call u but we decided late last night to do it , lol

54.JPG 544.JPG 3434.JPG

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
This was the first year for the can am sxs to dominate. Yes the atv's have been destroying them for years

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
This was the first year for the can am sxs to dominate. Yes the atv's have been destroying them for years
Can am makes some bad ass 4wd quads. I bet there were some crazy Mavericks out there.

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Lol

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
15 of 18 total podium finishes to end the finals, including can am taking the endurance races and obstical courses, not too bad for the visco loc .... they cant say canned ham any more , more like poorlaris

·
Registered
400 Posts
Pics?pics?

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Nope it is not Canned Ham anymore. More like Canned Pig - afterall pigs like mud!!! :haha:

Perhaps Can Am will start sponsoring some of these events to get them more marketing. I bet they sell a lot more of the mud edition Mavericks after this event.

Reactions: MUD_DYNASTY

·
Registered
310 Posts
Canned Ham should let POPO spend all their R&D money sponsoring events like Mud Nats and keep their cash to build rigs that dominant! Can-Am doesn't need to change, just keep building monsters! Must suck to see all those Yellow and Black rigs running away with the wins! I can't wait to hear "just wait until next years Nats"

Reactions: Driller77

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Canned Ham should let POPO spend all their R&D money sponsoring events like Mud Nats and keep their cash to build rigs that dominant! Can-Am doesn't need to change, just keep building monsters! Must suck to see all those Yellow and Black rigs running away with the wins! I can't wait to hear "just wait until next years Nats"
The wins are awesome and Can Am needs to build on them.

It would be very smart for them to start sponsoring these events and others. Marketing, marketing, marketing!!!!! Wins help sell products, but marketing and sponsoring events moves product like no other. Pluse the more they sell, the more they can spend on R&D to further advance the line up and produce even better machines.

If there is one thing all the other manufactures can learn from Polaris it is how to be a marketing machine (constant TV and radio ads, sponsoring events all over the country and world). There is no ATV/UTV manufacture doing a better job at promoting and marketing itself, then Polaris.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'll take a lower volume company the produces a quality product over a large company that sales crap to people that should be smarter than a sales ad! Just because you can market and get sales doesn't mean your product is quality, look at Walmart. I don't think Can-Am has anything to learn from Polaris... They build models like the XMR, XRS, XXC... Not LE crap that isn't anything but stickers and limited color for this year!

Polaris-RZR-XP-1000-DakarEdition-1.jpg

I call bullshit!!!!! "This Limited Edition is built to battle the world’s most unforgiving terrains in style." It's stickers and a spare tire! Doesn't even have beadlocks! But people eat up this crap... Buyer should be smarter than this.

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Rednot - I don't think you get it. I was not talking about quality issues. I am talking about something that will ultimately benefit you (the end user). More money in = more money to produce more quality products, R&D and upgrade factories.

Why do you think the Maverick is basically on the Commander frame? Because they did not want to spend the R&D to develop a new frame and spend the money to re-tool a factory to produce a new frame. Wonder how they good get said revenue?

Trust me Can Am would love to be a higher volume producer. They are in this to make money. If Can Am marketed more and had their name plastered everywhere you would see a lot more Mavericks and Can Am products at your riding areas. Which in turn will result in newer products being produced.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I believe Sandshark has a valid point, HOWEVER maybe Can-Am has a different strategy than just blowing out units to customers. Not all companies have a strategy that requires them to get as many sales as possible as quickly as possible. Some companies prefer to move slower to develop a higher quality product and protect their reputation. I believe Poolaris needs to capitalize on quick sales & heavy marketing because the product is lower quality. The general public is easily fooled by marketing hype all the time so companies take advantage all the time. Higher sales doesnt mean it's a better quality product.

·
Registered
310 Posts
SandShark: You have missed the point completely. Just like the XP1000 that you so love... It lacks the lust that the 800s had when it hit the market.. That cutting edge placement in SXS history... The XP1000 is an over marketed disappointment from a company that has made the world of SXS a better place. Just look at the 70 pages on the Rzr forum of issues with them.... I under stand if Can-Am had issues with their 1st enter into the Market with a Sport/Race SXS but not Polaris... They had time to to work out the bugs in 8 plus years in the game... Again marketing doesn't make a better product it just gains sales for uneducated buyers. As for the commander frame~~ KISS (keep it simple stupid)...

·
Registered
528 Posts
Just a couple of weeks ago, I was fortunate to spend a few days with the head of Racing for Can Am and a number of Marketing folks..they are paying attention- they are a smart of group of people.. Can Am as a whole (really BRP as a whole) sits back and learns..from what others (Polaris and Arctic Cat) and try not to make the same mistakes.. they just dont have the Marketing money (the Racing Dept uses marketing money) to make too many mistakes...they are listening and adjusting (slower than some would like) but I think they are getting it. Engineering is really starting to pay attention to how the real race cars are being built and what technology is being deployed... they are looking at how to do it right and still make a strong profit. You will See Can Am at more events...they know where they are ahead (and behind in some cases) to Polaris in particular. They are very tight lipped and I didn't hear about anything in particular, except the promise that we are going to be very happy with what they are working on.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I don't think Can Am should copy Polaris, but I do think they should capitalize and build on the wins. Alot of positive publicity could come from it. I've ran into several people in RZR's who bought them cause they didn't know any better. Some of them didn't even know what can am was. They saw a polaris ad or had a buddy with one and bought one based off that.

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
I was not talking about quality issues. I was merely talking about taking advantage of marketing opportunities.

I bet there will be more mud folks looking at the Maverick next time they go to purchase their next machine. But if that is 1 or 2 years down the line and all you see is advertisement from the other brands, which brand do you think they will look at first? It will be the one that is fresh in there mind.

Another thing to look at is access to dealers. The more dealers available the more someone is willing to purchase that product. If your have 3 local dealers of another brands and your closest Can Am dealer is a 2 hour drive, which product are 80% of the people going to purchase? This also comes down to marketing. If Can Am is adverstising/marketing there product lines more dealers will jump on board.

There is no dispute from me that Can Am makes a quality product. Just would be nice to see them more active in sponsoring races and ride events.

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
I don't think Can Am should copy Polaris, but I do think they should capitalize and build on the wins. Alot of positive publicity could come from it. I've ran into several people in RZR's who bought them cause they didn't know any better. Some of them didn't even know what can am was. They saw a polaris ad or had a buddy with one and bought one based off that.
I think this basically sums up what marketing can do.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts