Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whatd you think of the new wildcat x? i seen on the kitty kat forum that you said it rips now! you think itll scoot along better than the maverick? id almost say in the dunes would but what about just raw power? and power to weight for that matter? if the wildcat would turn id have bought 1 last yr. im still gona buy the maverick, but im just curious how others are gona stack up as well!

·
Registered
9,365 Posts
I drove the x today at Glamis. It is a huge improvement over the regular wildcat, but it does not have the acceleration of the Maverick. It eats whoops like no tomorrow. The power is good and it gets to 60 in the sand quickly.

The x has a smooth power band. But the Maverick has a more explosive power band. The maverick is a faster machine.

the suspension is absolutely insane on the x. It is a blast to drive. It eats any bump, whoop, or obstacle up. The fox shocks are very nice.

I also drove the four seat wildcat. The four seater is unbelievable in the whoops and surprisingly nimble in the dunes. With four adult males in it it cruised through the dunes and it flew over the whoops. It was a very nice machine.

It is contender and the the kick ass suspension is far and above any sxs. It is a SXS to consider.

I can't wait to drive the 4 seat maverick!

·
Registered
9,365 Posts
I should add the Maverick flat out flys in the big dunes. It was so much fun being able to hit the throttle going up big dunes and actually gaining speed.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
Sand shark get the x and we can race down sand hwy...I will give u a head start..btw 49ers kick ur Falcons butt do you want to lose again?

Reactions: k goodrich

·
Registered
9,365 Posts
Lol! Your tie rods won't make through sand highway!

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
do i need to get a spare rod or utvinc tie rods now ? lol

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
do i need to get a spare rod or utvinc tie rods now ? lol
Sand shark is a hater...lol The dude borrowed my Mav every time we took a cool down break to let his slow Rhino rest. He had a fat cat smile all over his face after driving it. My commander blew a tie rod, a weaken tie rod that bent last year when I hit a jump and landed sideways in the dunes. The Mav's Tie rods are fine unless you hit something hard. I bet him a 1000.00 dollars I would spank that Wildcat X by over a 100 yards in the mav in a race down sand hwy and back. I ran my Mav last week down sand hwy at 74 mph full speed (passing 2 XP turbos who I slowed up for looked at and pulled away) and never did it do anything but track true and straight. If the wildcat is smoother so what the Mav is faster and smooth enough....PERIOD!!!!

Reactions: k goodrich

·
Registered
614 Posts
How do you adjusted your shocks? I was so close to buying the X but i was worried about the engine leaks and they only said 90 plus hp so i went with a bullit proof rotax motor in the maverick. I could not be happier.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Sand shark is a hater...lol The dude borrowed my Mav every time we took a cool down break to let his slow Rhino rest. He had a fat cat smile all over his face after driving it. My commander blew a tie rod, a weaken tie rod that bent last year when I hit a jump and landed sideways in the dunes. The Mav's Tie rods are fine unless you hit something hard. I bet him a 1000.00 dollars I would spank that Wildcat X by over a 100 yards in the mav in a race down sand hwy and back. I ran my Mav last week down sand hwy at 74 mph full speed (passing 2 XP turbos who I slowed up for looked at and pulled away) and never did it do anything but track true and straight. If the wildcat is smoother so what the Mav is faster and smooth enough....PERIOD!!!!

LOL nice !!!!

is ur mav stock or has sum goodies now ?

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
LOL nice !!!!

is ur mav stock or has sum goodies now ?
It has the air box removed and a larger TB and I just figured out why the performance is good but not as powerful as it could be thank to Kelly at KMS Performance and it was the dealer's fault. They seem to have loaded the wrong software on the ECU. We will see how the thing runs the next time out at Glamis.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
wow nice i cant wait to have a well designed and tested intake , exhaust, and new computer, u da man !

·
Registered
9,365 Posts
The maverick tie rods are fine. And yes I did have a huge ass smile driving the Maverick in the dunes. It hauls ass ever where and it is a blast to drive. Who wouldn't be smiling railing a bowl at 60! Or picking steep hills and flying right up.

However I am smart enough to know the wild cat x and that wild cat four seater has far better suspension and would leave a Maverick hurting or any SXS on a run down sand highway.

USAguy I would race you in the four seat wildcat. I will be doing 65 drinking hot coffee and not spill a drop while driving with my knee. While you are wondering what just happen. Yes the four seater is that smooth!!!

Maybe you should have taken one for a spin at the demo and you would understand. Don't hate just appreciate! Lmao!

If you can take the maverick motor and mate it with the wildcat suspension you would have the greatest SXS every!

Don't get me wrong the Maverick suspension is very good! And I would be very happy with it.

I am patiently waiting for the four seat maverick.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
The maverick tie rods are fine. And yes I did have a huge ass smile driving the Maverick in the dunes. It hauls ass ever where and it is a blast to drive. Who wouldn't be smiling railing a bowl at 60! Or picking steep hills and flying right up.

However I am smart enough to know the wild cat x and that wild cat four seater has far better suspension and would leave a Maverick hurting or any SXS on a run down sand highway.

USAguy I would race you in the four seat wildcat. I will be doing 65 drinking hot coffee and not spill a drop while driving with my knee. While you are wondering what just happen. Yes the four seater is that smooth!!!

Maybe you should have taken one for a spin at the demo and you would understand. Don't hate just appreciate! Lmao!

If you can take the maverick motor and mate it with the wildcat suspension you would have the greatest SXS every!

Don't get me wrong the Maverick suspension is very good! And I would be very happy with it.

I am patiently waiting for the four seat maverick.
Smooth and offroading is not what I'm after. I like my UTV to be like a BMW, tight precise and FAST!!! You can have that grandpa Cadillac and when I pass by you doing 74 spilling your coffee all over your manhood then you will know what smart is....lol

·
Registered
9,365 Posts
Lmao! The campfire misses you ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358750438.288209.jpg

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
Lmao! The campfire misses you View attachment 396
Dude the Niners won cause I was watching them...lol Tell that campfire to go to hell....Niners baby..

Benzo don't thank me...call Kelly at KMSPerformance and thank him for getting into this BRP stuff. He loves the Rotax motor and he knows that this motor power is in the superior head design. He is now just refining the air into the motor (intake, TB) and the air out of the motor (header, exhaust) to let the motor produce solid power.

·
Registered
9,365 Posts
You could have been riding with us and City Slicker. The 49 ers would have won without you watching

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
Tell city slicker whatsup. .. cool dude dont bore him to death on that fast dune ride..lol...btw it is past ur bed time

1 - 18 of 18 Posts