Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #44

I got the throttle pedal mounted up out of the way.. wound up having to remove the stock one and going to have to make my own so I made provisions for that while setting up..
Got my control panel started and a little look at how the wiring harness is gonna sit in there. It worked out nice that I can use the plastic tray that sits up under the dash to kind of keep the same theme as how the harness splits as well as incorporates the winch wiring harness. Working on getting my brake set up out of the oem vehicle right now. I also have setting up the fuel cell on my mind.. hope yall had a good weekend...

Registered
Sorry, but I think I'm in serious love with that seat bucket! :love: That's an amazing piece of welding, forming, etc. The good lord only gave me enough talent to recognize greatness.

Registered
2021 Maverick Sport X RC
Jboogie - That looks like a lot of work...and a lot of fun! Looking good!

What tubing bender do you have? JD-32?

Registered
Discussion Starter #47
Jboogie - That looks like a lot of work...and a lot of fun! Looking good!

What tubing bender do you have? JD-32?
Yes a jd 32 hydraulic bender... a leaky old thing but the price was right.. gotta love marketplace.. I also got a baliegh tn-250 tubing notcher off of the marketplace. It is to my understanding that's a good one as well...
Either way the notcher has knocked me on my a** twice via drill handle to the temple 馃槧馃槫馃槼馃槄..

Registered
Discussion Starter #48
Working on roughing in controls tonight. This is gonna be a long one.. between my power steering being in the way of where I would imagine would be a great spot to put my master cylinder, and lack of ability with linkages to make my brakes in a reasonable fashion, to trying to kill of as much of the gnarly angles on my steering as I can. This has proven to be a pretty time consuming part of this project... more pics to follow...

Registered
Discussion Starter #50

Got the throttle pedal mounted. As well as something figured out for my brake linkage and master cylinder... the brakes are pending
Me coming up with a less crappy setup... I feel like there's a better way to do that if I could see past my own forehead to pull it off.. still not happy with the steering either. It all works without binding, really I would like it to just not look so awkward.. like an 8" off-set gearbox would be sweet. I found one but A.) super expensive B.) Don't know if I'm really comfortable knowing my controls are not linked by a more solid means. Nor do I see people doing so on offroad applications..
Guess it's on to mounting the battery. Need to break it down here shortly and finish off all the things I left behind once so I don't have a ton of small things to remember . Need to get moving on fuel tank as well. Haven't given that a lot of thought but given I'm not an accomplished welder I better start mulling it over.

Attachments

Registered
Yes good call on you. I feel you will be way ahead of the game with their product over the mechanical linkage nightmare you were creating lol.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts