Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Also, banana' my tie rod, bent my rotor, and blasted my wheel completely in two. No injuries, except for the tree was uprooted and didn't survive.

Had the wheel turned left and plowed straight into it with the outside of the right front wheel. Hit so hard that the outer lip of the wheel broke completely off and still had the tire and beadlock ring attached to it. The trail was just too dusty and I was too fast and loose.

I haven't upgraded my tie rods yet and it bent up nicely. It also was remarkably easy to hammer back into a straight enough shape to reuse it, put a spare wheel/tire on, zip tie the caliper up to the spring, and drive it out. It made me think; with an impact like that, would beefy tie rods have blown out my steering rack? Am I better off just carrying spare stock tie rods?

thoughts?

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Auto part Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
that's BRP's logic behind it , save everything else just replace a tie rod, hopefully :)

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I see lightly used stock wheels and tires for sale on the polaris boards soon is what I see. :big smile:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where is the best place to get a replacement rotor? Mine's bent up nicely. Right now I may stick with the stock wheels ($). That means I need to find an extra couple of factory beadlock wheels with red rings. Anyone?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd like 2 fronts with tires, but you say you can't ship? Even if I pay? Also, where are you?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Also, banana' my tie rod, bent my rotor, and blasted my wheel completely in two. No injuries, except for the tree was uprooted and didn't survive.

Had the wheel turned left and plowed straight into it with the outside of the right front wheel. Hit so hard that the outer lip of the wheel broke completely off and still had the tire and beadlock ring attached to it. The trail was just too dusty and I was too fast and loose.

I haven't upgraded my tie rods yet and it bent up nicely. It also was remarkably easy to hammer back into a straight enough shape to reuse it, put a spare wheel/tire on, zip tie the caliper up to the spring, and drive it out. It made me think; with an impact like that, would beefy tie rods have blown out my steering rack? Am I better off just carrying spare stock tie rods?

thoughts?

View attachment 10265
Damn that does look like you hit pretty hard.

·
Registered
556 Posts
wow, where is the pic of the tree ?
LOL

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
man you must have hit that hard to knock that tree down!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Momma always told me anything worth doing was worth doing right! lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
did you at least do the responsible thing and cut that sucker up for fire wood :nerd:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts