Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys , i have purchased a 15 xds turbo last summer and ran awsome all summer and as soon as snow started flying ive been having belt problems, a bushing in the clutch went the first time and the belt blew, of course took the cover with it. 1700$ later because it was not covered under warrenty i added a dalton clutch kit thinking it would help the belt life (bike also has 30" silverbacks on it for the winter months) then the other day i was going down the trail and blew another belt. also noticing that the air filter was clogged full of snow. putting two and two together the snow is probably also going into the cvt causing it to slip and blowing the belt, the bike has 2000km on it now and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem aswell and found a solution. thanks in advance !!

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
75% of my riding is in snowy conditions and never once had any issue with my 15 Xds Turbo and it's reflashed....however I do have the stock tires and I believe

putting bigger tires on these thing kills belts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey I've had the same issue with my xds turbo, the intake for cvt gets clogged with snow and causes the belt to over heat and blow ( I found out the hard way) I snorkeled the cvt intake and engine intake to keep the filter from clogging uploadfromtaptalk1458132163613.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1458132191946.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts