Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If anyone wants to do there own and is unsure about it. It could be possible to make a video of this explaining the hard parts as I go along, it wouldn't be very detailed. Example " what to take apart and stuff like that" just common sense stuff like that.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm not downing your work but I did a setup like that on my commander and I suggest using ABS plastic, regular PVC will melt and potentially catch fire.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I think the heat from the engine exhaust could be an issue but you could wrap everything below the cowling with sticky foil tape and I don't think you will have any problems

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I'm going to try what I have and as you can see in the picture there is some of the tape on the back rack :) I knew that was a must. I used all sec40 pipe and fittings. (Thick stuff) kinda overkill prob.

·
Registered
65 Posts
i ordered the kit from performance atv on march 18th and still have not got it. back ordered i guess. wish i would of made my own

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I called around and everyone was on back order. so I figured making my own would be a lot cheaper and it would be faster than waiting even if it took me 2 weeks to do the job my self. I'm $60 dollars into it so far and it looks like I have everything I need except some more heat tape or whatever it's called. I figured that the kit I make would be better materials also.

·
Registered
64 Posts
highlifter had some performance atv snorkels the other day, and also highlifter will be coming out with the diver down maverick snorkels pretty soon as well

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I didn't like how they come out on the out side of the sxs. Tip over just a little in a hole and whoops there it goes under.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i like those alot better with it coming up in the center of the sxs, anyway you could list parts for the front and some more pics of how the front was done? Do you think a winshield could still be installed?

·
Registered
26 Posts
okay thanks. you used 2in for the intake for the belt and the air box correct? the exhaust for the belt you did 1.5 and then 2inch when you got of by the cup holder??

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
2 inch for everything but the fit is really tight for the front belt exhaust. Had to shape the plastic with a heater.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts