Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder when us mud guys will be able to buy the maverick xmr factory snorkel, as I am very interested in getting it!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Knowing Can Am, it will be cost prohibitive to retrofit a non-XMR model…..just like buying all of the parts to convert your non-MAX to the dual CVT intake setup with OEM parts. Your better off doing it yourself….

·
Registered
26 Posts
So I checked into the xmr snorkel and my local dealer said I would have to piece it together, that they do not sell it as a kit. And he told me it would be close to a $1000 bucks by time I piece it together from them!! Guess its gonna be a aftermarket install for me..

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
no surprise there.....if you really like the looks, you could buy the OEM inlet pieces and then do all of your own plumbing that isn't seen to save some cash.....

·
Registered
415 Posts
house of cycles in Monroe Louisiana sales this kit, I thing pricing was $400ish .

SNORKLE.jpeg

Reactions: sTa

·
Registered
668 Posts
Cool I just asked this on another forum, I'm interested for sure, dig the factory look.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yep that's what I like also, and don't need mine snorkeled to the roof

·
Registered
668 Posts
Do u have it installed with some pics ?

·
Registered
415 Posts
I don't , im about 2 1/2 hours from them, im planning on making a trip to see a kit installed, they are telling me if they sell the kit and install, they will warranty it and the bike

·
Registered
241 Posts
Just bought my new 2014 xrs and got the snorkel kit with it so I will try and post pics when I install it!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ordered my kit from the local dealer to day and the sport rock sliders total of $555. I have the part# if anyone wants it

·
Registered
67 Posts
im wondering what the part number was I wouldn't mind having the xmr snorkels if they are a reasonable price

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Well, the shop my mav is at mocked up a set when my machine was all apart. Here's how it turned out, he may be offering a kit at some point. But how he did it is pretty slick. The straps on the machine are not permanent obviously, but you can get the idea. I think it will look great, and this is how it was when they dyno'd it...actually improved HP by 1 HP at the wheels with it on....that I don't understand why. 2014-03-08 10.58.46.jpg 2014-03-08 10.58.54.jpg 2014-03-08 10.59.00.jpg

·
Registered
241 Posts
Does anyone know if the Xmr snorkel will give u power loss because the air intake is a little different?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts