Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody use the SnoCobra system on their Maverick? Looks cool but its darn expensive. More than the cost of the BRP 4 track system.

Check this video out.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
it would suck if you hit the 4X4 switch by accident when clipping along at 50-60mph!

Reactions: CrazyCooter

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it would suck if you hit the 4X4 switch by accident when clipping along at 50-60mph!
That would make for an interesting test. I would still love to ride on the trails with this setup just to see how it handles on the trails.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
That would make for an interesting test. I would still love to ride on the trails with this setup just to see how it handles on the trails.
haha...can you say carnage! For the cost of a track setup you could buy a pretty nice used snowmobile...

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha...can you say carnage! For the cost of a track setup you could buy a pretty nice used snowmobile...
That's exactly it. Prices need to drop on stuff like this. Like you said, I could buy a good used sled for that money.

·
Registered
492 Posts
That's what my friends have been telling me. I can't buy two nice sleds and my dog would would rater ride in the Maverick. I also can't fit tow sleds in my toy hauler.

IDK if I'll ever drop 5K on tracks, but I am definitely considering it. We don't even have snow here yet, and may not get any to speak of....

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I hear ya.....it's all about your personal situation. For me, we ride in snow that is sometimes 10' ft deep. and with about 2-3' ft of fresh powder on top of it......I wouldn't even consider taking my Maverick up in the mountains around here in the winter. you are asking for trouble. I personally hate trail riding snowmobiles so I don't think tracks on a SXS will make the experience any more enjoyable.....fortunately, I have the best of both worlds where I live because down in the valley we don't get much standing snow. Never more than a foot. So I can go to a lot of our favorite spots and still get around with tires......

·
Registered
1 Posts
When you want to take your Can-Am Commander, Maverick, or Maverick Max through the winter, you need a little help from SnoCobra. This UTV ski and track kit is the must-have accessory you've been waiting for to turn your side by side into a truly year-round machine.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I just can't imagine tracks helping your drive train live a long and prosperous life...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts