Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just installed Rage 3. Seems to work better than stock, but then again could just be thinking since I got a new clutch it more torque. Anyway...so I tested down my street, easy to put in gear, no "clunk", and WOT from a roll, it smoked the tires for about 10-15 feet. Problem is I never put the stock clutch through this senario before I removed them. Is it just in my head or is the Rage 3 better?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I'm running a qsc in mine. Good choice on the rage 3. It wakes the Maverick up and runs like it should. You keep runnin like that and your next problem will be needing tires.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
All of the aftermarket clutches have a lower starting gear ratio so you will see improved acceleration from takeoff as compared to stock clutching.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heavy......so does the stock clutch break the tires loose? when i went WOT rpms went 6950, 7200 and stayed at 7800. I thought they were supposed go right to 7800 and stay? not sure if it is set up right?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
heavy......so does the stock clutch break the tires loose? when i went WOT rpms went 6950, 7200 and stayed at 7800. I thought they were supposed go right to 7800 and stay? not sure if it is set up right?
depends on the type pavement and how much air is in the tires……Mine would bark the tires but not spin enough to smoke them but I never tried to air them up just to get them to spin…..With the QSC/STM, it will smoke the tires on smooth cement for ever but on my street which is chip sealed it will only do it for about 10ft. I have never really paid attention to the RPM's on pavement since I never ride on it. I worry about my RPM's on dirt or hard pack where you get lots of wheel spin. Check out your RPM's on what you typically ride on and see what you get …...

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Geez my mav must be weak compared to everyone else's. Mine won't spin on blacktop even with my STM setup. Are u guys sure ur spinning? I'll even pull out of a trail on blacktop turning thinking it would spin sliding and nothing. I don't think mine spins on wet blacktop and mine shoots right up to 7600-7800 right away... Maybe IV got a different setup in my secondary?? Kris did say mine was the first to try the pink spring

·
Registered
502 Posts
I wanna smoke my tires....

St is the pink spring for Breast Cancer awareness :smile:

Reactions: st222

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
So I just installed Rage 3. Seems to work better than stock, but then again could just be thinking since I got a new clutch it more torque. Anyway...so I tested down my street, easy to put in gear, no "clunk", and WOT from a roll, it smoked the tires for about 10-15 feet. Problem is I never put the stock clutch through this senario before I removed them. Is it just in my head or is the Rage 3 better?
The stock clutch won't do a burn out on pavement. LOL the Rage 3 is better...by far.

And yes st222 we are smokin the tires.

·
Banned
546 Posts
the stock clutch will too do a burn out.. ive done it a few times now!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yes it will do it, but you need to air up the tires. All the aftermarket clutches have a MUCH better grip or bite on the belt so you get more engine torque hp to the wheels, which is what makes em smoke!!!!!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
It also helps to have sport low mode if you want to do wheelies like that.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Mine didn't with stock and still won't with qsc, but all my roads are fresh chipnseal and I run low tire pressure. Mine will will stand up instead of burnin tires.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Mine didn't with stock and still won't with qsc, but all my roads are fresh chipnseal and I run low tire pressure. Mine will will stand up instead of burnin tires.
I have the same set up as you and my street is the same surface. Add a little air pressure and you'll have nascar style burnout's in your street!!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
done it with 16 lbs in mine.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
At 18 psi I never got rubber out of my stock clutch...hmmm

1 - 20 of 32 Posts