Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
searching all day at the SSSS for lightweight beadlocks i found Richie from .50 Caliber Racing selling some lightweight .190 wall beadlocks. I talked to him for a while and he showed me the rolled innner bead for strength and great price. So i decided to pickup a set with lugnuts. I got the polished ones since i will be powdercoating them.

check out his site for awesome deals on lightweight beadlocks.

Aluminum Spun Beadlock Wheels for Kawasaki Tery and can am maverick 4x137 bolt pattern

- 12x8 Beadlock wheel
- 4x137mm pattern
- 4/4 offset
- 6061 heat treated aluminum
- .190 thickness
- Polished billet aluminum beadlock ring
- Added security and strength
- Polished finish
- Reinforcement ring on inside of rim
- 11.7 lbs

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
So at least you got your rims figured out.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
lol !

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
searching all day at the SSSS for lightweight beadlocks i found Richie from .50 Caliber Racing selling some lightweight .190 wall beadlocks. I talked to him for a while and he showed me the rolled innner bead for strength and great price. So i decided to pickup a set with lugnuts. I got the polished ones since i will be powdercoating them.

check out his site for awesome deals on lightweight beadlocks.

Aluminum Spun Beadlock Wheels for Kawasaki Tery and can am maverick 4x137 bolt pattern

- 12x8 Beadlock wheel
- 4x137mm pattern
- 4/4 offset
- 6061 heat treated aluminum
- .190 thickness
- Polished billet aluminum beadlock ring
- Added security and strength
- Polished finish
- Reinforcement ring on inside of rim
- 11.7 lbs
So was the price lower at the show then on line for $170 each?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
:saint:

·
Registered
538 Posts
how do you think the .160 's would hold up to average duning? would 12x8 fronts and 12x10 rears be the best setup with skats or 12x8's all around?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Most peeps run a 10" wide rim with the wider rear paddles like blasters or the 12.5 Skats. However I have the stock 8" rims for my rear paddles.

·
Premium Member
8,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how do you think the .160 's would hold up to average duning? would 12x8 fronts and 12x10 rears be the best setup with skats or 12x8's all around?
i jump alot and blast the woops, so the .190 wheel is what i went with. i was told to use a specific tire and wheel size for the kind of dunning i do. wider wheel would make a wider contact patch in the sand, more tire in the sand make more drag and slower speeds.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have bent .190's on my 4 wheeler........No way I would go .160's on a 1500lb machine!

You gonna get some Sandstars?:haha:

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Cool, your Sand Tire Weighs in at 14.88 and your beadlock rim is 11 so lets call it 26 lbs all done up. That's a good light weight setup. especially compared to those Portly STUs. photo 4.JPG

Here's a picture of the STUs all trimmed up no Paddles at all. it weighs in at 4 lbs heavier with no Paddles. So which ones going to Accelerate and get spinning faster and also be easier on your drivetrain. Dunning will be better because they spin up faster and you don't have all of that unsprung weight. So there ya Go Skats all the Way.
photo 5.JPG

·
Premium Member
8,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I weighed my beadlocks tonight

12x7 Weighs 10.25lbs

12x8 weighs 11.5lbs

Off to powdercoat tomorrow, then i will weigh them again.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hey Mega, my 26x12x12 8 paddle skats are being delivered tomorrow and I am ordering my rims from .50 caliber today. Will the 12x8 wheel work with these paddles or should I go with a 12x10 wheel?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Perfect. 12x8 it is. I will be running stock fronts for this season though. Cant wait for the 31st to start throwing some sand again!

·
Premium Member
8,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Mega, my 26x12x12 8 paddle skats are being delivered tomorrow and I am ordering my rims from .50 caliber today. Will the 12x8 wheel work with these paddles or should I go with a 12x10 wheel?
12x8 is perfect. The stock fronts will throw sand at you while dunning. Quit being a cheap ass and pony up the dough.

·
Registered
317 Posts
12x8 is perfect. The stock fronts will throw sand at you while dunning. Quit being a cheap ass and pony up the dough.
Trust me, I almost pulled the trigger several times on a full set, but I'm saving up to buy the little lady a ring. Once she is distracted by the ring, she wont notice all the parts I will be ordering. Its like a trojan horse!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Just curious how you are liking those rims?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts