Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just whipped this thing up last week. what do you guys think?

I'm not a supported vendor yet, so please just looking for input at this time.

I am in the process of starting up a small business for the Can-am aftermarket accessories. I want to have all my ducks in a row before I promise a quality product with my name on it!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
367 Posts
well I gotta admit...
I LOVE IT!
that is badass...how durable/scratch resistant will it be?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
As long as it is hard coated to prevent it from getting all scratched up right away and to it will make it safer I think it will sell good. I personally like it also. It's like having a sunroof in your maverick. Good work keep them coming.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, you can get regular smoked lexan fairly cheap but the down fall is that it will scratch pretty easy, you can pay about double the cost of a regular sheet and get an abrasive resistant or MR10 hard coat that will keep eliminate the fine scratches. this will just raise the price to the consumer though:(

I honestly think that either form of lexan is going to scratch in the woods. sand dunes I think either would be fine and Mud I would go with a scratch resistant.

like my windshields, I use the cheaper stuff just because its more of a wind deflector than a full windshield. thus you don't really have to always look through it to see where you are going like a full windshield and a few scratches are better than payin double the price!

After seeing how transparent the smoked actually is, I am going to do a half windshield as well. I will post pics later this week.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes I run a fab shop in west Michigan, just took a few measurements and we cut it on a router, then formed it up with a press brake.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
will be cool for people wanting a sun/moon roof !

·
Registered
189 Posts
Looks good. I can't make one out but how about bending a little drip rail on the front of it to catch the water/mud from sliding off and splashing on to the dash and on to you. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks good. I can't make one out but how about bending a little drip rail on the front of it to catch the water/mud from sliding off and splashing on to the dash and on to you. Keep up the good work.
Thank you! I will be putting that on my next one for sure!

·
Registered
144 Posts
That's good product idea. I don't care about scratches on thus thing. It's not for looking out in most cases. Allows in more light and better than other tops. What's going be cost in this? Sign me up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
I like it. It's a different idea than what is currently out there. Only issue I see is it getting pushed in during a rollover. Although the plastic roofs would do the same I prefer the aluminum roofs for this reason.

Anyway I do like it and believe it will be a hot seller when you hit the market with it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
that's bad ass man. I would buy it for sure. the drip rail would be a plus. wonder what the price would be.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Looking for a new roof myself. Would like to have one also. Drip ledge preferred.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts