Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the maverick out today and we noticed the smell of gas fumes alot while riding today. This is the first time we have smelt this . Has anyone else had this to happen and why it would? Tks in advance

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
yes when I had my windshield on it was bad,

come to find out there is a raw fuel vent line ran up the front next to the intake hose . add line to it and run it down there is a nipple on it

·
Registered
176 Posts
The weld on the filler neck had a leak on my commander, I was used to the occasional fuel smell from the vent line releasing so I didn't pay much attention to the smell but the other day changing the oil I found it. If it gets to were you smell a lot more maybe have a look at the tank.

·
Registered
791 Posts
X2 check the weld on the filler neck of your fuel tank. My maverick was leaking there, could smell raw gas a lot when riding.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Only time I've smelt gas was when my buddy was with me and boy it did smell like raw sewage. Said it was the brown eggs that we ate for breakfest....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Never smelt it before this last ride.... I will check weld and vent hose

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just had the same issue. The vent hose is ran up by the air box. The smell comes right back in the cab. Benzo is right. I'm going to add an extension and route it down further.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts