Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This front diff came out of a 2019 XRS, it has 450 miles on it. It has been repaired, part #30ac has been replaced with oem parts, it's a 14 tooth gear, very easy fix after I received the part. Only a few teeth broke off the gear, so it did not need any other work whatsoever. Looks good. Comes compete with the actuator ready to go. Reason I did not install again is i switched to the Halo 30.
-$800

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would be a challenge I'd say unless you have a good can am dealer near you to do the computer part of it. The mechanical part wouldn't be that bad but you would first need to see if Can Am would re-flash your ecu so it would register the smart lok, they need your Vin# for that. You also would need 2 front smart lok axles vs your visco axles. Also you would need the wiring from can am and the brain box for smart lok. It wouldn't be a cheap upgrade imo.

I really liked the drivability of the smart Lok, its very user friendly to drive, however with no upgraded internal components available for it, after I broke mine, with the amount of labor it took to get my stock diff out, due to the added hardware; chassis bracing, hess steering rack, gusset kits etc... it was NOT a once quick a minute deal.That's why I decided to go with the Halo 30. It was very expensive to do by the time you get the RCVs or Turner axles along with the 3k diff, but I shouldn't have to have it out again, it's an extremely well built diff, it's a moose.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was it a pain on the electrical side of it?? I called my can am dealer before I replied with my answer previously, I was unsure of the electrical/ecm side of it, that was the response Can Am gave me. Typical!

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Was it a pain on the electrical side of it?? I called my can am dealer before I replied with my answer previously, I was unsure of the electrical/ecm side of it, that was the response Can Am gave me. Typical!

It was pretty basic. I ordered the module and wiring stuff from can am direct. It was all plug and play. Hardest part was figuring out where the module plug was.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was pretty basic. I ordered the module and wiring stuff from can am direct. It was all plug and play. Hardest part was figuring out where the module plug was.
Well thank you for clarifying! That was not the impression my Can-Am dealer gave me.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Well thank you for clarifying! That was not the impression my Can-Am dealer gave me.

I didn't even ask a dealer. I figured I'd get too many conflicting answers. Can am book shows a full kit for everything (smart lok diff, axles, module, and wiring)

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Will this work with a car that did not come with smartlok?
Do you like the Halo set up better?
You can easily put this into an X3 that didn’t come with Smartlok. It’s not hard. You just buy the specific wiring harness kit from the dealer or Rmatv or whoever. It makes it all plug and play. Then you will also need new front axles and the diff. Super easy. I converted my 2017 it’s a fantastic mod and I like it way better than the halo I had previously.

There was nothing flash wise the dealer had to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts