Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a couple questions I was surprised to see a smart lok module under the driver side dash, when I went to install and use the replacement abs plastic dash from Rockford Fosgate. My fault for not doing my research. Had I known I would have taken it to utv stereo. But since I had 3 seats out, and all the panels and dash apart - I went forward with the install.

Question #1:
So, I relocated the module above the steering wheel column metal bracket - I used a aluminum strip bar, and drilled holes and fastened it to it. I noticed that the module is in a tray and it can snap in and out of the tray - can I just ditch this tray and mount it to a exposed bar up in there? Room is tight using that tray.

Question #2: My Smart Lok is no longer working, the rocker switch for trail/active trail does not light - I honestly don't know if it worked before I installed the stereo or I did something to it by accident (I never un-hooked anything from the harness) Can someone tell me where the fuse is to this guy is - I did not get a owners manual, and the fuse diagram is blurry and hard to read (Even with my glasses) I couldnt see anything for smart lok on it.
Does the smart lok module use power directly ran from the battery or does it attach into the main harness for its power?

Thanks!
Kozmo

EDIT: I am a dumb ass, I had it in 2 wheel mode - trail and active trail does not light up until its in 4x4 mode :)

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
I was wondering why my car wasent running very strong and sorta loosing power, I had it in the eco mode , you learn new stuff with a new car ,just takes some time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts