Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone do the Smart-lok upgrade on their 19 MavS or T? The instructions have a little to be desired on a few things.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Figure anything out on this so you want to enlighten everyone on? I have a harness coming in that I'm going to block into an 18 DS. Hopefully it works. Instruction seems kind of straightforward, where were you getting held up when it was actually in front of you?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There were a couple of things that I was not clear on.
The new harness has a connector that's not mentioned in the instructions, Its labeled 4x4, found out it connects to the existing 4x4 connector in the original harness. The other thing was the Trail Active module, The instructions are separate for the Smart-Lok kit and the Trail Active module and they don't cover how to integrate the two. Both the new harness and the TA module have a Diagnostic male and female connector. There's two ways to connect them up, I plugged the new harness diagnostic connector to the existing one, then connected the TA module to the new connection.
After the install, I found out that the Front differential harness was bad and had to order a replacement.
Other than that, the install was pretty straight forward.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts