Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Can-Am Maverick X3 Max Turbo
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, newbie here. I've had my 2019 X3 Max since Dec of last year and just recently have had several chances to take it for runs. I'm still trying to get familiar with all the features, the one that has me scratching my head is whether my X3 has the Smart lock or Visco lock system. I checked the manual and it is not real clear on letting me know what I have. Any help would be appreciated...

·
Premium Member
6,753 Posts
Smart lock has a switch on the dash next to 2wd and 4wd. It will be like trail and trail active or in my case an XRC trail and rock. The 2wd and 4wd switch also has a 3rd momentary position all the way up at the top.

Tim

·
Premium Member
6,753 Posts
Hmmmmmm, now you have me wondering. But I thought from late 18 on, they went away from the Visco, and went Smart?
I know 19 XRS has it but did not think other models did. I am not sure on the other models though. Tim

·
Registered
2019 Can-Am Maverick X3 Max Turbo
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, so after going through the manual several more times I was able to figure out how to identify my system. According to the manual, (see picture). I have to match the sticker label near my shifter to the one on the manual and it will determine which system I have.

I have a 2019 X3 Max Turbo, the base model. According to the picture it is clear that my label matches the one on the manual that indicates I DO NOT have Smart lock. With that said, is it safe to assume that my model has the Visco Lock? because it doesn't specify that either??? 🤔

can am.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,753 Posts
I'm not sure why you post pics of the shifter and not the 4wd 2wd button and the buttons next to it.

If you dont have the diff lock on the switch and the trail /trail active switch then you do not have Smart lock. I believe there are a couple of versions of visco lock. That I cannot speak intelligently on.

Tim

1 - 16 of 16 Posts