Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the newbie of tuning 2020 turbo rr x rc, maptuning to 215hp and changing to clutch weight.
yesterday i changed my tire from 32" to 30", felt faster and lighter.
Is it okay? bigger is good or smaller is good?
Does it has a big difference or effect to the vehicle?
I have any idea that just start to tune.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
tires are the only real way to change gear ratios on these cars
so a smaller tire give you a lower gear ratio or less max gps speed
lots of people want max ground clearance and to help keep from bottoming out on jumps
so they go oversize tires and yes they have some disadvantages to
tires are a compromise just like clutching

·
Registered
2019 Maverick XRC
73 Posts
I noticed a big difference when I went to 32” Carnivores from 30” liberties. Felt slower and more sluggish, but climbs better and blasts over technical terrain better. Got a tune and clutching and now have the best of both worlds

·
Registered
349 Posts
what terrain do you ride on ? that's the question to ask , are you riding hardpack trails, street, open fields ? go as small as you want.....do you ride on rocks, mountain trails, technical trails or deep mud ? If so you will wish you had bigger tires to cross downed trees, rocky trails and obstacles.....going to 32's from 30's made a huge difference in where I could go, trails that I used to have trouble on became easier

its not bigger is good or smaller is good.....its what's good for you where you ride

Reactions: Clkwrkornge

·
Registered
592 Posts
30's will almost always be quicker, lower gearing and lighter, they might be faster depending on if your clutching will allow you to pull as high rpm with the taller tires as it will with the smaller tires. If this was a direct drive system and not a cvt top speed would depend on hp being able to pull a taller tire at a higher rpm.

The only thing I would wonder about being a potential problem going to 30's would be the suspension on your car is set up for 32's so it might be more prone to bottoming out compared to a car set up for 30's

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
lots of people want max ground clearance and to help keep from bottoming out on jumps
gearing available here. Its only money.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what terrain do you ride on ? that's the question to ask , are you riding hardpack trails, street, open fields ? go as small as you want.....do you ride on rocks, mountain trails, technical trails or deep mud ? If so you will wish you had bigger tires to cross downed trees, rocky trails and obstacles.....going to 32's from 30's made a huge difference in where I could go, trails that I used to have trouble on became easier

its not bigger is good or smaller is good.....its what's good for you where you ride
I got what is the point. thanks!

·
Registered
349 Posts
not that it matters......or does it ????lol...….a set of larger tires looks way better and more aggressive than smaller tires.....look at a mav with 30"s next to one with 34"s...….

cant decide between 30 and 32 ???? buy a set of 31's and call it a day ! lol !!

·
Registered
2019 maverick trail 1000. 5-2 offset wheels. 27 inch tires. Roof. Mirrors. Full windshield.
174 Posts
I got a set of 25's that will make that thing handle like a go-cart. You could even crank do-nuts on the pavement to look cool in front of your friends.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I would love to have a set of stiff sidewall 25's and lower my ride height and hit some flat track

·
Registered
2019 maverick trail 1000. 5-2 offset wheels. 27 inch tires. Roof. Mirrors. Full windshield.
174 Posts
I can't remember the brand name, but they are pretty stiff. Like a bighorn tread. They are 25x10x14. I got them with a lot of parts I bought at auction. Was going to pit them on mine for the races at the county fair.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts