Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright I am thinking about putting together a little sound system. I like the kicker 50i as a head unit or the volume control knob blue tooth. I am unsure on what one I want yet. the kicker unit I see some of you have how did you mount this is the dash? the knob is pretty easy as you just drill a hole and go with it however I do believe I will need a amp with the knob. I really like the look of the tower cans Ive been searching the net trying to find the best bang for the buck perhaps you guys can help me out with some ideas on that? I had a post about this a few months back but im ready to buy up now and just want to make sure I am getting everything I need.

1.head unit (I really like the blue tooth kicker)
2.speakers
3.possible amp for knob or small amp pushed by the kicker
4.speaker wire
5.amp wiring kit

If you guys know of any good deals or vendors having sells let me know or any good ideas. I like to ask on the forum before I buy just to bounce my ideas off the folks of the forum.

·
Registered
557 Posts
well I used the Kicker PXi50 it has a waterproof amp with it.I run a set of Rockford towers off it and Its nice simple not a lot going on witht he dash just a small controller.from there you really can open the door with more power like the new Ro0ckford power series mini amp T400/4 I just add a small kicker 8" powered subwoofer but again the sky really Is the limit I have done several UTV's In the last few weeks I am actually In the car audio Industry so If you have pricing question I would be more than happy I can ask some of the minions..........

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I found a good idea with 6" PVC caps and 6 " pvc for tower cans I can paint them any color I want. 6.5s MTX's or Polk what should or could I use for a clamp I'd think U bolts would scratch up the roll cage?. I am torn between doing a amp with direct hook up to ipod android I can get a cheap pyle 4 channel for 48.00 bucks of amazon or doing something like a wet wire or pxi50.

·
Registered
557 Posts
sorry man I just don't believe in spending 20k on a bad ass machine and putting a bunch of cheap audio crap on them.Its just me and a lot of it has to do with me being in the industry but I wouldn't spend 50 bucks on an amp I would rather just go without.the PXi50 for 200 is really all you need unless you want a lot more.speakers are a whole different game what ever and where ever Is my moto.Stay away from Polk they are just bad speakers

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
I'm a big fan of Polk. I have them in my boat and they rock.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
not everyone is an audiophile and has to have the best sounding tunes.....hell, I don't have one or plan to install one....I am out to ride hard and fast and I listen to the machine and of course the screams from my passenger....I wouldn't knock your custom build and if it works for you, all the more power to you.... to each his own.

Reactions: rchrisman1184

·
Registered
403 Posts
To each his own is right, and I can respect that. It's just that I've seen a lot of people try to cut corners or cheap out on stuff and they end up spending more money buying better stuff later. Not everybody wants the big stuff, but why not spend just a few dollars more to get quality?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
To each his own is right, and I can respect that. It's just that I've seen a lot of people try to cut corners or cheap out on stuff and they end up spending more money buying better stuff later. Not everybody wants the big stuff, but why not spend just a few dollars more to get quality?
I can agree with that thinking.....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well all that being said I'm going to roll on with my cheap build and if I do not like it I will change it. Thats my 18000 dollar choice, I just wanted some help making some ideas up thats all. Sorry for bothering ya'll.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
well all that being said I'm going to roll on with my cheap build and if I do not like it I will change it. Thats my 18000 dollar choice, I just wanted some help making some ideas up thats all. Sorry for bothering ya'll.
hats off to you for being able to build your own system.....don't let the comments of some on here deter you from keep posting what you are up to.....I will never bash anyone for their efforts or skills. And like you said, it is what you want and not really intended to please everyone else on here......just remember it is a public forum so expect people to post both positive and negative comments whenever you post something like this......

·
Registered
527 Posts
I'm can see both sides to this, If you plan on keeping it, you want good sound, and your into having a good system. You need to spend money. I understand everyone is in different situation's in life, Some people might worked they're ass off just to afford the dream toy of they're life! And as they save more and more they'd rather add more important upgrades like tie rods, gusset's, clutches, etc than a $2k stereo! but mean while would like to listen to some tunes along the way! Or in my shoe's, I'm not dumping big bucks into my audio till I know for sure I'm happy with the Mav, and going to keep it! Then I'd add a quality system! but mean while, I went cheap just so I'd have some tunes till then! So when I decide to go big with quality, im only out few hundred bucks, instead of $2k when (if) I was to sell the Mav. If you run some type of head unit, that's great!! makes it a bit easier to adjust things as you want, but I would defiantly run a amp to push your speakers, Just a head unit will not provide enough power for the speakers to give enough sound while ridding. Above the glove box, I built a mount to mount my amp, works perfect!! Cant see it and glove box works perfect! Run some tower speakers and maybe kick panel speakers, and it will be good enough for most! You can pick up marine tower speakers and amps pretty cheap, but don't get upset if they don't last, they are cheap. May last a month, could last years!! Its pretty hit or miss!

·
Registered
403 Posts
I don't know where you guys are getting the $2000 quotes or ideas, but I've been doing $700-$1000 installs with QUALITY equipment for guys here for a long time, and they're loud and clear.

·
Registered
54 Posts
No shit.. there are some dumbasses on here.. if you dont want to contribute to the forum by helping out the guy.. then dont comment... by telling him he is cheap.. could be seen as bullying.. i hope he dont commit suicide.. and leave this web browser up... i see this on alot of pages.. mostly the same people... ego's compensating for somthin ha...

Good day

·
Registered
584 Posts
I did the pvc setup on my Rincon. 4 6.5" and a jenson 200 watt amp. no head unit. plugged rca to headphone jack into the amp and used my iphone. that system was loud and I painted the pvc green to match my ride. 100% worth every penny. I don't care to have the loudest, just want something to listen to.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lol No I'm not leaving the forum or commiting suicide haha I got the system together took my time read all of the blogs about where to put the amp and wiring ect. Watched a youtube video on how to take out the glove box. Painted the speakers the same type of black our roll cages are painted sounds great. Im not saying its a full blown system but I went riding at Rush atv park this past weekend to test it out it did great I could hear it pinned out with helments on muddy and water covered as hell and it never missed a beat. I have 125 dollars in the set up and Im happy with it thats all that counts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts