Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
I flogged mine for 230 miles the past 3 days and I haven't had any issues other than my belt getting wet after hitting a creek a little to hard. That puts mine at 500 miles with no clutch/belt problems.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
This is whats going on when that stupid slippery washer allows slip. Nothing good But burning up belts and not getting power to the ground. Nothing new and the Arrogant Engineers at Can Am know it and They new there was a Problem in Preproduction to.
Auto part Metal
Brass Cup Metal
Muffler
Metal Brass Cylinder

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I didn't hear anything funny, I just thought it would pull harder when your at like 40-50 and pin it it climbs up to speed but don't put you back in the seat. I thought guys were saying it would pull the front tires of the ground in the right situation. Don't get me wrong it's strong but don't seem crazy as of now 50miles

Wouldn't it suck if canam down tuned these newer ones so they don't break clutches as easy...lol

·
Registered
998 Posts
Yes, put 93 in it. You should never run anything other than premium in a high compression motor such as the mavs, it does have knock sensors and it will pull timing to keep the motor from detonating and possibly blowing it up.

·
Registered
969 Posts
My first ride and hammered on it on blacktop dirt everywhere I could and no issues. I was expecting more power tho!! Maybe it's the 87 octane tho
Give it a few rides, mine was a slouch when I first got it, now it hauls ass. After a about 30 miles it got better and now I have about 70. I wasn't pulling RPM at first either, now it raps out fast. I really think there is a break in mode in the PCM. I don't know if it looks at miles or drive cycles etc. But mine got faster with time.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I guess I misunderstood the washer slip problem, I thought it was slipping on the crank. I see now it is the movable sheave slipping on the stationary causing the bolt to break and also the heat generated from the slip?

·
Registered
969 Posts
At like 1/2 throttle the mid range feels really good, like just berping the throttle
I guess I can't say for sure, I just know it runs better than it did when I first rode it.
I know the clutches don't backshift as good as they could causing the feeling you have. I put a Dalton clutch kit in my Commander and it really helped the response (backshift) all over. I get what you are saying, I think the clutch setup might have a lot to do with it. Overall I am happy so far with mine.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I know the dealer told me around 20-25 hrs is when I'll start to notice the difference in so many words.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You will break bolt on primary clutch even with CanAm bandaid slippery washer update and when you do you can pick the pieces of your primary out of the back of your right calf and leg. Forget shit factory clutches and buy STM Rage 3 and STM roller secondary you will put POWER on the ground without the problems of slippage on stock clutches. Also add clutch fan to cool those shinny new billet clutches. I race GNCC and flog my machine as hard as possible w no problems from STM. Now if only someone would make a real steering rack as the stock BRP Rack is junk also! I do love the Maverick and it has Team Tigercat in top 5 in XC2 Class after 2 races! Run race gas 50-50 w 94 pump to perform!See you on the front starting row at John Penton!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
You will break bolt on primary clutch even with CanAm bandaid slippery washer update and when you do you can pick the pieces of your primary out of the back of your right calf and leg. Forget shit factory clutches and buy STM Rage 3 and STM roller secondary you will put POWER on the ground without the problems of slippage on stock clutches. Also add clutch fan to cool those shinny new billet clutches. I race GNCC and flog my machine as hard as possible w no problems from STM. Now if only someone would make a real steering rack as the stock BRP Rack is junk also! I do love the Maverick and it has Team Tigercat in top 5 in XC2 Class after 2 races! Run race gas 50-50 w 94 pump to perform!See you on the front starting row at John Penton!
Gear one is making a rack !

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

21 - 40 of 55 Posts