Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Open it up and clean it or the dealer will see it and void your warranty on the clutches due to the conditions it was subjected too.

Reactions: brandon1078

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am taking it to the dealer first thing in the morning for them to do the recall on the clutch...think they re torque a bolt or something...I was getting on here today to ask if I should do that. I have only had it for a couple months and I bought the three year warranty for it. I was going to see if they would replace the belt after they do the recall work since it has already been slipping. So you guys think I should take it apart and clean it before they see it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Definitely take it apart and clean it. The recall will still be done no matter what, but warranty belts are hard to come by. If you can convince them the recall caused the slip then can am will pay for it. If they find sand in it they will not because of conditions like said before.

On the cvt drain, I sank mine in a river and pulled the plug to check it. It was definitely a pain. So much so that I notched the factory skid a little so I would have a bigger opening the next time it happened.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just finished...it was a pain but not as bad as I thought it would be. I actually brought the cover inside the house and used soap and water and got it looking like new. I didn't have the special tool to take out the pieces that hold the plastic together, so I just used pliers and a screwdriver. I guess I need to buy that tool because I am sure I will need it another time. As for as the cvt drain, I almost cut the hole larger as well, then I thought I would try one last thing to get the spring back on and that was when I used the zip tie. Everything is all back together now and ready to go to the dealer. I thought the "safety net" was the most difficult part to removing the storage plastic piece. You can barely pull the storage plastic piece up at all...you can pull it up just enough to get your arm under it with a number 10 wrench to unbolt it. I almost didn't put it back on. I would probably like it a lot more if it wasn't there at all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just finished...it was a pain but not as bad as I thought it would be. I actually brought the cover inside the house and used soap and water and got it looking like new. I didn't have the special tool to take out the pieces that hold the plastic together, so I just used pliers and a screwdriver. I guess I need to buy that tool because I am sure I will need it another time. As for as the cvt drain, I almost cut the hole larger as well, then I thought I would try one last thing to get the spring back on and that was when I used the zip tie. Everything is all back together now and ready to go to the dealer. I thought the "safety net" was the most difficult part to removing the storage plastic piece. You can barely pull the storage plastic piece up at all...you can pull it up just enough to get your arm under it with a number 10 wrench to unbolt it. I almost didn't put it back on. I would probably like it a lot more if it wasn't there at all.
I've pulled mine 3 times now. Bout to be 4, and its only got 20 hrs on it. Had my clutch rebuilt once, now five hours later I've got belt slippage and water leaking in to the cvt. I siliconed it amd swapped belts, the slip was still there and has gotten worse. Its going back to the dealer to get the clutch checked out. Which means I have to pull the cover again and remove the silicone lol.

Anyway I said all that to say that I consider myself a pro at removing the plastics now lol. All I ever use is a screwdriver and pliers for the clips. On the net, if you maneuver it just right you can get the belt to slide through the cutout and give you plenty of room to remove the bolt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.