Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took off the driver's side head pipe today to wrap it with the 2" heat cloth and looked inside and found a piece of slag from welding in the O2 sensor fitting hanging down like snot on the inside of the pipe. After around 20 minutes with a grinding stone it was no more. Don't know if it will help performance, but couldn't re-assemble the pipe knowing it was there. Now to wrap both head pipes and spray them down with the silicon sealer. Picture 001.jpg Picture 005.jpg

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
good catch! I never thought to look at mine when i had them off….I doubt it really hindered anything since the O2 sensor sticks down past that…..

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
I have found dogturds all over, check out this fillet o finger on the lower rear cross tube image.jpg

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks my high school welding class, so robots aren't welding these frames in Canada?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Looks my high school welding class, so robots aren't welding these frames in Canada?
there built in mexico ! with the rzr's lol

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's not a warm & fuzzy feeling:(

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Yep look at the I.D. plate in the passenger footwell MADE IN MEXICO!!!

VIN.jpg

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
built in mexico right next to us az'ers then I think shipped to Canada then shipped to dealers,

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
built in mexico right next to us az'ers then I think shipped to Canada then shipped to dealers,
I don't think they ever go thru Canada…..I remember reading somewhere someone said their dealer told them the truck was stuck at the Mexican border at customs and would be there in 2-3 days….

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I don't think they ever go thru Canada…..I remember reading somewhere someone said their dealer told them the truck was stuck at the Mexican border at customs and would be there in 2-3 days….
Actually they do come directly from Mexico but I believe they have a distribution plant in Texas. Which is where they get shipped to the dealers from

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
its cheaper to rent own land in mexico a lot of workers are from the states they cross the boarder everyday to work as the plant is right on it , I hear - so its not so bad lol

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
its cheaper to rent own land in mexico a lot of workers are from the states they cross the boarder everyday to work as the plant is right on it , I hear - so its not so bad lol
Only problem with that theory is Amercian labor cost ALOT more than Mexican labor.
They most likely have American supervision with local Mexican labor for the assembly

1 - 14 of 14 Posts