Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, new sport should be here soon. Looking to upgrade stock skid first thing as trails are rocky on east coast Canada. Looking at Can Am’s HMWPE ones (available through dealer so easy to order and have installed). Now I know they’re the least heavy duty out of all aftermarket ones, but just wondering if there’s any real world reviews out there? Would be appreciated.
Unfortunately being located in Canada the only aftermarket skid available is the 1/2” SATV. All other brands I’d have to order and ship cross border and will be double the price. I know 1/2” is bulletproof, but is it overkill? Straight bottoms (not molded) loose ground clearance? And almost 80lbs is the package weight. Lemme know thoughts, thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
11,798 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ. Trail Armor makes the best skid plates available, IMO. They're not cheap. Plus you will probably get killed with border fees.

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
977 Posts
If you are ever forced to order anything from south of the border, give ATV Tire Nation in Kingston Ontario a try. I've got some stuff for less in CND $ than it lists in USD.

No website, just a dude running a buisness out the side of his house haha.

But his prices are totally untouchable and he seems to have access to pretty much everything south of the border. Stuff you can't find anywhere in the country he will have in a few days.

No idea how the hell he does it lol but he gets it done fast and cheap. Always comes through for me big time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts