Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Premium Member
I hate to be the spelling police PropDr..... But your spelling is soooo far off.

You spelled "I fawking told you so" completely incorrect. I just had to point it out. Tim 馃槀
Sorry English is not my first language, even after almost halve a century of trying to come to grips with it, I still keep ficking up.

Premium Member
Ok, credit due, but not enough elaboration. ;)
I'm getting close to retirement, so part of my job is training the ones that have to take over.
I like to teach by calling attention to things to stimulate attention to things; hoping for answers or questions.
Either one will tell me about you and your capabilities and potential.

Registered
Scott F is right. this is exactly what happened to mine after 3-4 trips. i used a port- power to straighten and installed riv nuts. The factory UTV skid plate is much thicker and better quality though. Raise the ride height if you don't want this to keep happening.

Registered
2020 Maverick X3 MAX XRS TURBO RR
Discussion Starter #24
Scott F is right. this is exactly what happened to mine after 3-4 trips. i used a port- power to straighten and installed riv nuts. The factory UTV skid plate is much thicker and better quality though. Raise the ride height if you don't want this to keep happening.
Sorry but what did you use? What is a port power?

Registered
I used the Porta power to straighten the skid plate. Wedged between the ground and the skid plate. Or you could use a jack and a block of wood. Then secure using riv nuts.
porta power.png

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
Oh ok I see. Yeah I was using a bottle jack and a piece of 2x3. My problem is that now I'm missing the front overlap section and the front of the rear skid plate is more exposed. Did your front overlap section Rip off? Did you put another piece of hmw plastic to fill it in?

Any chance dealer will cover this and replace it? Lol in guessing the answer is no.

Registered
Did you buy this machine new or get it used from someone? Its almost like someone trimmed the back edge of the main skid plate so they could take the rear skid plate off easier or something. I guess its possible that the machine slammed down just right on something sharp and it just peeled that thinner part of the front skid plate right off.

Registered
Discussion Starter #28
Brand New. Has 400 miles. Yeah exactly. Something must've wedged itself into the tiny gap where they overlap and grabbed onto the rear skid plate and pulled it down and ripped it out which of course pulled down the front part of the over lap and ripped it clean off

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
So it looks like a possible fix for this is to buy just the middle skid plate and replace it. Rocky mountain says $209 with free shipping. I know the factory UTV one is great but can't really spend $1000 right now

21 - 29 of 29 Posts