Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Maverick X3 MAX XRS TURBO RR
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this happened. Any tips before I attempt a repair? Try to heat it up so it bends back and use rivnuts?

20200518_195332.jpg

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Remove rear skid and heat/cool till its straight again. Then riv nut all those holes with fender washers under the bolts.
Did you use red loctite when installing the rivnuts? I want to prevent them from spinning in place which I guess is common?

·
Premium Member
7,620 Posts
Just looked at mine and yes your front Hal’s skid is installed upside down. Make the dealer get you new ones and take the opportunity to install rivnuts.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Confirming what Mega said.
First time I have seen that. The rear skid is correct. The front skid is upside down.
You should have no trouble getting both of them warrantied. Definitely do the rivnuts.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just went down there and examined closer. To me it seems like the skids were installed properly. The front over lap section ripped off and the back over lap section is what folded down. Also the front and center sections are overlapping correctly.

What do you guys think?

20200518_214253.jpg 20200518_214317.jpg 20200518_214413.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,620 Posts
whatever it is, it aint right. reach up inside the center skid plate and see if there is a lip. Maybe the lip was broken off? But it doesn't look like that from your pictures.

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
This looks like you will be getting some new skid plates. I ripped off a section of the seam between the front and rear skid plate on mine. I am just going to order up some Factory UTV skids and enjoy the fun of removing 50 or so rivets.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
After closer examination of your first photo, I think Mega is right. It looks like the pocket on the front skid was ripped off some how.
The front skid appears to be mounted correctly, but the pocket on the top side is gone. If it was there, you wouldn't see the frame tube like that.
Your skid plate has been doing too much skidding. It looks like you need to raise your ride height.

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
After closer examination of your first photo, I think Mega is right. It looks like the pocket on the front skid was ripped off some how.
The front skid appears to be mounted correctly, but the pocket on the top side is gone. If it was there, you wouldn't see the frame tube like that.
Your skid plate has been doing too much skidding. It looks like you need to raise your ride height.
Ahem (post #2)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,613 Posts
Ahem (post #2)
I hate to be the spelling police PropDr..... But your spelling is soooo far off.

You spelled "I fawking told you so" completely incorrect. I just had to point it out. Tim 😂

1 - 20 of 29 Posts