21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Skill saw
jigsaw
Holewsaw
Router

A word of advice. These tools are very sharp and dangerous. The safest way to use them is to remove all clothing. Make sure to post pictures of you completing the task safely.
Now thats funny

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I will be making mine out of Fiberskinz FRP material. Only 3/16" thick, much lighter and stronger than UHMW,.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I am so glad I was able to supply all of you guys with a good laugh.. But I will have fun with my Maverick and figure it out. And it will be bad ass.. :)

As I will be also making a roll cage and a extra seat for the back for it..

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Not buying it. Is is our material that we make for SXS skidplates. It is a fiberglass reinforced plastic that has impact resistant qualities.
Our 10 ply is about the same thickness as 3/16 alum except about 1/2 the weight.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Go to sideXsidesports.com, they sell a one piece belly skid made from UHMW in 3/8" or 1/2" material. pre cut and drilled to fit you buggy perfectly

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
My FUTV has access holes for the clutch bolts. I cut one extra just in case on the front side.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I made one yesterday for the max. The stock ones were junk and peeled off where two of the pieces meet. I didn't like that the aluminum can am ones were also in sections so I built my own. used the stock ones as a template and did it with 1/4 " aluminum. I went heavier because the max puts the skid plate to use a lot. and with the heavier machine I didn't want it bending in between the frame cross members.
Tire Automotive tire All-terrain vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle

21 - 40 of 45 Posts