Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing utvinc skids on my Max tonight and UPS lost all the mounting hardware and, I assume, any instructions. Utvinc is sending replacements but they aren't here yet an dim leaving tomorrow for Brimstone, which if you don't know is one place you must have good skids.

I'm curious if everybody is removing the side riveted factory plastic or mounting the skids over it. It's a PITA to remove, so I'm thinking I may just go over it. Utv inc won't be open fin time for me to call in the morning due to time zone difference, so if anybody can offer input tonight, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
What a coincidence, mine came with out mounting hardware as well....not sure if it's a UPS thing or a UTVINC thing.
Anyway, I drilled out factory rivets, and installed the UTVinc skids over the factory skids using my own bolts after I self tapped new holes.
I purchased $2,800 worth of accessories from UTVinc and have not received instructions on anything.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I removed the factory riveted skid plates when installing my FUTV skids. Maybe I was lucky, but not too difficult to drill out existing fasteners and used self tapping bolts to reinstall. One thing to pay attention to is the new FUTV system does not offer any protection in front of the rear tires. The fuel tank is exposed on the passenger side. Here, I used the original OEM guards.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up going over the factory side plastic and it fit fine. I figured, if anything, it would offer a little more protection. I did, however, drill out some exhaust vent holes where the factory vent plate is under the exhaust. Also wrapped the header while I was down there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts