Is this worthwhile?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Decided to discard the cat and factory cans for a single 3inch pipe and resonator I had left over from my TD Navara.Cant afford a Muzzie/ looney tunes etc ATM so this will suffice. Mounted drift style.
Easy ,
Unbolt Cat & Cans, retain large factory resonator/ collector,

Cut 3 bolt flange off Cat at weld( there will still be approx 1/2 inch of cat material in flange to drill out)

Use center punch to mark drill guides around the inside of flange in left over cat material

Drill out material with 1/2 inch drill bit around outside edge

Use hack saw blade to cut between drill holes

Knock out Cat material and use large sharpened flat blade screw driver to remove excess material from around the inside of flange

Bolt up flange

Insert pipe to be used including a "HotDog" style resonator/ muffler and tack weld in place, keep at same angle as rear for aesthetics ,ensure pipe is close to bottom right hanger bracket. 3 inch pipe is good and works with the flange size.

Remove pipe and fully weld

Reinstall pipe and either use a hanger bracket off your factory can or use some small bar the same size as bracket hole and bend perpendicular to the bracket.Tack weld in place.Remove and fully weld.

Do any final touches, the sky's the limit, paint with heat paint , reinstall.

You will be pleased with the deep bark this style puts out.Suprisingly good.

Cheap and cheerful , I expect negative feedback but this is a temporary measure and is personal preference.

No dyno results but SOP tells me more throttle response and longer black marks.

Attachments

Reactions: Glamisfan

·
Registered
51 Posts
I wanna hear what it sounds like, already have LTE on mine but curious how it sounds.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll get some sound up shortly,

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
they say going 2-1-1 gives more TQ , Harleys do it - vtwin

it actually don't look bad , I would move the muffler only cuz main reason is it will heat up that shock and rezzi a lot, and then melt that plastic blocker quick !

other wise post up a video of u racing a stock mav im very interested and would run it- if its faster , ! :)

cant wait for a sound clip

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
also if u get to much vibration I think running the piping mount bracket to the top of the pipe coming down from a rubber mount hanger !

·
Registered
548 Posts
I think the 2 into 1 is a proven theory, and you definitely lost some weight. Maybe some aluminum fender supports will be in order so the plastic ones won't melt and to keep some heat away from the shock. I must admit that I do like the looks of the 2 silencers in the factory location, but I like your thinking.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
[video=facebook;10201652373490106]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201652373490106[/video]

still trying to get a link up for sound/video:disappointed:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
[video=facebook;10202669025269039]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202669025269039[/video]
Let me know if you guys can see this or if it's locked.
A run through the forest taken it easy as I was unfamiliar with the tracks at this stage.
I'm actually growing to like the sound of the single pipe,although it's not for everyone,it's quite loud.

·
Registered
112 Posts
[video=facebook;10202669025269039]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202669025269039[/video]
Let me know if you guys can see this or if it's locked.
A run through the forest taken it easy as I was unfamiliar with the tracks at this stage.
I'm actually growing to like the sound of the single pipe,although it's not for everyone,it's quite loud.
Not yet.
No vid or sound

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Ok I'll upload to you tube,hopefully have more luck,bloody ipad.
Photos come up fine,grrrr

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

Just need to clean up this thread, how can I delete some of my posts?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea true, that's what I'm thinking, should i use a front or back wheel tire for spare ,for comp use?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
I had a 2 into 1 on my 800 car before I turboed it and it sounded like a little V8 car going across the flats it was fun to lift and Gas it since it sounded Bad Ass.

Reactions: Zakka

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Replaced the resonator thingy aswell now and replaced with 2x2inch pipes merging into 3inch muffler. And had it coated. Didn't really want the polished finish but it was same price as black so I thought why not.

From ' The Land Down Under ' .

Attachments

Reactions: dirtchaser

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
it looks good !

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thx dude