Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So... I was an early owner of the Commander...and very active on the Commander boards..and it really seemed to be overly dominated by peeps out West...Az, SoCal etc.. but with the Mav, its seems to be totally dominated by guys from the SE! and the racing which was 95 out west has really picked up too...loads more mudders, and local racers which is awesome.. you all just build the Mavs so different and totally different needs and priorities...thoughts? Anybody else seeing this trend??? its seem most of the Mav owners here are not Commander Converts but new to CAN AM SxS's.

Curious to what you all think.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm new to can am. I'm coming from a rhino then an rzr-4 in central PA.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
I'm new to the Can Am's as well. Came from several RZR's and a Teryx and we've been racing for years. Oddly enough I rarely see Can Am's at the track but I'm sure that will change with time. Our build isn't that much different but we don't ride mud unless we have to.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im thinking that even tho that most thought the Mav was just going to appeal to mostly westerners because of its width and wheelbase...it seems to be really popular with the mudders...etc..maybe its the HP and that a lot of mudders are use to seeing big HP Rotax powered BRP quads, and now that Can Am has a big HP sxs, its a natural progression- cant hurt too that Can Am has some pretty strong contingency money out there and has a strong racer program for the pro teams....

·
Registered
998 Posts
I'm competitive as hell, I would give my day job up to get paid a little to race lol .. But my area is dominated by polaris sxs's, well it was but since I bought my maverick and made a few look bad on some hillclimbs and drag races I've seen about 3 pop up lol

·
Registered
806 Posts
I also am new to can-am and side by sides. I have rode quads and bikes all my life and never really liked any bombardier products. Got the maverick cause of the hp and it was the only one I could fit in (hard to fit when your 6'6" and 250). I do love it now, but who couldn"t love a toy after sinking 20 somethin thousand dollars. lol

·
Registered
150 Posts
I just like to have shit no one else does.
Bought a, 800xt outlander the 1st yr they came out, commander X when they 1st were available, 1000xt outlander came out, just bought a 900 ranger in Feb but didn't like it & now in a maverick. I like the mav & think i might keep it a while though..

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
I raced quads for years. got SXS fever on a camping trip, two weeks later i had a rhino. Hated it for 4 years, no quality or comfort. went to look at commanders and found out about the MAV, 3 months later im the proud owner of the coolest thing on the planet, love BRP!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Put us in the "new to SxS world". The Maverick is the first SxS in the family amid our other atvs(Brute Force, brother's Z400, my Z400) and if I could afford my own I would. At first I didn't get the SxS craze but now I'm hooked, super quick, very comfortable, definitely beats the quads for 2up riding. Seems right at home just cruising around or giving it hell. i get it now. This is simply an amazing machine and super versatile for virtually any riding. My dad is setting this one up to do a little of everything. It,ll have paddles for dune trips, 29.5" Terminators for the muddy trails around here, and keep the stockers for everyday backyard goonin. The performance in stock trim is very impressive. It beat the Brute Force in a drag and will probably give the sport quads all they can handle. Can't wait to see once its piped, programmed, clutched etc.

ETA: the local MX track actually put on a XC style race with a 2.5mile course plus running on the MX track. Didn't get to make it but I hope they make it a regular occurrence.

·
Registered
468 Posts
It fits the bill for mud guys who most also happen to be trail guys as well. You hit it on the head Mike, the high HP is the initial draw like a fly to honey but after that it's really the all around aspect of the machine. The suspension can take the largest mud tire out there without any lift. And when we do lift them we are able to get massive amounts of lift out of them for alot cheaper than a rzr would cost to do. The interiors are spacious and we have just enough room to carry a woman and a cooler full of beer. Its a bitchin machine and gives us a better option than just the damn rzr. And the best part is it says Can am on the fenders !!! Kills can am guys to have to drive popos because there weren't any other worthy options.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I had an 1st year Outlander 800. My 1st quad, I liked it a lot. But read about the Maverick and now have one. I liked riding in a little mud, not 2 or 3' of it. I don't get all the snorkels and 30" tires, but I know a lot of others do. I see videos of people riding in water and having a good time but to be honest I have a boat. I like high speed trail riding and dunes.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I had an 1st year Outlander 800. My 1st quad, I liked it a lot. But read about the Maverick and now have one. I liked riding in a little mud, not 2 or 3' of it. I don't get all the snorkels and 30" tires, but I know a lot of others do. I see videos of people riding in water and having a good time but to be honest I have a boat. I like high speed trail riding and dunes.
Ive heard the "Ive got a boat for that" comment many times before. All I have to say to that is, its not the same sensation. Everyone likes riding wheelies, and in water its almost effortless. You will be smiling from ear to ear the first time you do it. I can ride all over the bank in the hot sun and sand and then go putt putt in water up to my neck and cool off. Then crank up the tunes, drink beer, drive back on land and hammer down ! If you have never done it then you have no idea what your missing. Im willing to bet if yall had a 4ft deep water hole in the middle of the dunes, more folks out there would be snorkeled lol

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ive heard the "Ive got a boat for that" comment many times before. All I have to say to that is, its not the same sensation. Everyone likes riding wheelies, and in water its almost effortless. You will be smiling from ear to ear the first time you do it. I can ride all over the bank in the hot sun and sand and then go putt putt in water up to my neck and cool off. Then crank up the tunes, drink beer, drive back on land and hammer down ! If you have never done it then you have no idea what your missing. Im willing to bet if yall had a 4ft deep water hole in the middle of the dunes, more folks out there would be snorkeled lol
I have thought of inviting myself along with Joey from UTVunderground when he comes out to cover the MudNats...looks like a friggen party to me, going and not having to stress about racing would be nice...just never experienced anything like that...its on my list to do!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Amen....

I get bored and hate the dust driving on the dry trails between the mud and water holes. If you are properly setup for riding deep water it is one of the most enjoyable things you can do as a group on ATV's or UTV's in the summer. Nice slow relaxing pace with challenges but without the danger that comes with high speed. When you do feel the need for speed there is always mud racing.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I have thought of inviting myself along with Joey from UTVunderground when he comes out to cover the MudNats...looks like a friggen party to me, going and not having to stress about racing would be nice...just never experienced anything like that...its on my list to do!
You should do it ! You will not in anyway regret it ! Youll be out in that desert with a water hose tryin to make you some mud holes lol

·
Registered
468 Posts
Amen....

I get bored and hate the dust driving on the dry trails between the mud and water holes. If you are properly setup for riding deep water it is one of the most enjoyable things you can do as a group on ATV's or UTV's in the summer. Nice slow relaxing pace with challenges but without the danger that comes with high speed. When you do feel the need for speed there is always mud racing.
Im the same way. Especially when the heat kicks up down here. Your literally huntin water holes to cool down in .

·
Registered
649 Posts
I knew that Can Am totally missed the East Coast Calling... I would like to see a figure on lost sales cause people got tired of waiting.... I know of 4 local that bought XPs. Lol. Ol well

·
Registered
998 Posts
I know of about 20 lol .. My local Polaris shop was selling 3-4 rzr's a day at one time.. Absolutely unreal

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Maverick is a direct answer to the Polaris RZR. The commander was an answer to the Polaris Ranger. Polaris has dominated the side by side game since 2008. Now that the maverick is here, the game has changed.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I think I would see more can am's on the trail if we had a dealer local that was pretty good with dealing with people .. Polaris has something new, they took the xp name off of the rzr 900 in preparation for the new xp that we'll see within the next month .. Exciting times

1 - 20 of 21 Posts