Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
This is the exact reason why I signed up on this forum, n man I don't regret it.
I went out with all my riding buddies the other weekend actually went to a restaurant u know something different then the mud hole.
I realized how much info I have in my head just from getting on this site daily n hitting the new post button n see what I might learn that day. Only one other guy has a maverick in my group n I sat there n talked to him of a hour going over the basics I picked up here, n he thought I was a can am master, I am so far from being a master of anything. Last time out at ole mud Muckers there were sooooo many more mavericks but nobody from this site atleast they weren't on this site then they are now though only because I went over some of the conversations on here n all the sudden they realize how much they don't know bout there own bike. I am a info maniac n this site is my fix
It was my understanding, that once the turbo was set up properly, it would be reliable and would not need adjustment. This was fundamental in the decision to installing one. My buddy has a 900 razor with turbo and has 2000+ miles and no problem. That is what I'm looking for. I just talked to my dealer and Silber has not returned his calls. They have not returned my emails. Their customer service is non existent! My dealer has sent me the following re this thread:
"found it, but we've already tried all the things they've suggested.
the clutches aren't giving us any trouble, yes you may get more bite with an after market set, but the stock ones are holding together for us.
our problem has got to be with the stock computer fighting the turbo, there's no other options. All our map settings are set to Silber's specs, our waste gate is set to their specs, we put a smaller valve in so we don't drown the turbo, we put a weaker spring in the waste gate to cut down on boost, we tried the fuel additive, it fixed the leaning out problem, but at the end of the day the turbo is producing a lot of power and the ECU won't allow it to work better than stock. As for the guys that question our dealerships "ability to install such a sophisticated system" there's nothing sophisticated about it, you bolt it on, the holes only match up one way, if you get it wrong it doesn't fit, the only thing you can screw up is the waste gate setting and the map settings, so if the settings are all set to the EXACT settings Silber wants us to set them to, then how can you go wrong? I'm so frustrated with the service at Silber now, I'm to the point where they should refund the money, pay to take the kit back and when Aerocharger has their kit fine tuned we can order one from them."

BOTTOM LINE: SILBER SUCKS!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Man, I feel your pain through that last post. I can swallow waiting for something to get done on my buggy but when there's no end in site that's a hard pill the swallow. It sounds like your dealer has been pretty good through all this n I read you have had a long relationship with them don't let it ruin that. Good dealerships are hard to find in some places. Did you try contacting the guy from KMS everyone was talking bout?

21 - 22 of 22 Posts