Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Vendor
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We decided to run a Sale for one of the Companies we just became a dealer for, Silber Turbos. All Info Below. Please ask or PM us for a Quote as to not violate MAP Policies. MSRP is $4995:

Maverick-Turbo.gif

Silber Turbos has developed a new bolt on turbo kit system for the Can Am Maverick 1000. This Can Am is capable of over 200hp with this turbo kit. The kit is a complete bolt on turbo kit no cutting or drilling required for installation.

Here are some features of this new turbo kit.

Complete bolt on.
New custom molded intake manifold, replace the stock plastic one that will blow apart with a turbo. Integrated high flow injectors.
Full custom molded silicone charge tubes with integrated BOV.
Donaldson Airfilter with Snorkel.
Stainless steel exhaust
Carbon Fiber Muffler
Stainless oil line

Please contact us with any questions or concerns.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I have heard of these and seen a few videos but have yet to hear from anyone who actually owns one…..some feedback from owners would be nice to see...

·
Vendor
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know some sled guys that had them with very good luck. I guy around here is getting ready to get one from me and we should be doing that for him in next few weeks. Ill get pics and everything when we do - JT

·
Registered
91 Posts
I was told that was part of the reason they are using a larger than required turbo. Aerocharger is doing something different to make the turbo spool slower than normal. Not sure what that is but that is what they told me when I asked. Of course that doesn't fix the problem, it is just a band aid to keep it from coming into play.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have put a Silber turbo on my maverick. No luck. My dealer can't get it dialled in. Silber is not providing the answers. It shuts down often. My top speed decreased to 108kph (64mph). The clutch rattles. Will send it back if not successful this week.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Price please

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I have put a Silber turbo on my maverick. No luck. My dealer can't get it dialled in. Silber is not providing the answers. It shuts down often. My top speed decreased to 108kph (64mph). The clutch rattles. Will send it back if not successful this week.
sounds like a fuel problem if the wastegate and blow off valve are set up right and working right

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Did the kit come with a map sensor bypass ? My commander would go into limp mode all the time with out the bypass for the map sensor What clutch did they put in it ? And What's your afr at wot ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
90 Posts
My dealer tells me that Silber hasn't been much help. They initially sent a wrong part (spring maybe). Something to do with altitude. If that is an issue, then why didn't they ask the appropriate questions when the order is being placed?! Then, it took over two weeks to get here! WTF! Could there be something wrong with the kit? Sure. You would think Silber could figure that out! This is the first turbo my dealer has installed on a Maverick. But the mechanic doing the job has turbo experience. Silber advertises their turbo as "bolt on". Well, it did bolt on, but the thing doesn't work right. They say 7 hrs to install it. I would be happy with less than 20. My dealer has way more than that into it trying to trouble shoot Silber's problems. I have dealt with this dealer for years and they are very good. There seems to be a communication issue between Silber's electronics and those of the Maverick. I don't really understand. Not my department. Silber should not be selling a product that does not do what they promise. I have sent Silber 2 emails regarding this pleading for help. They have yet to reply! This is not fair to me or my dealer. I'm going to send it back. I have no other choice. I guess I'll wait for the aerocharger! BOTTOM LINE (at this point) : DO NOT BUY A SILBER TURBO!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
My dealer tells me that Silber hasn't been much help. They initially sent a wrong part (spring maybe). Something to do with altitude. If that is an issue, then why didn't they ask the appropriate questions when the order is being placed?! Then, it took over two weeks to get here! WTF! Could there be something wrong with the kit? Sure. You would think Silber could figure that out! This is the first turbo my dealer has installed on a Maverick. But the mechanic doing the job has turbo experience. Silber advertises their turbo as "bolt on". Well, it did bolt on, but the thing doesn't work right. They say 7 hrs to install it. I would be happy with less than 20. My dealer has way more than that into it trying to trouble shoot Silber's problems. I have dealt with this dealer for years and they are very good. There seems to be a communication issue between Silber's electronics and those of the Maverick. I don't really understand. Not my department. Silber should not be selling a product that does not do what they promise. I have sent Silber 2 emails regarding this pleading for help. They have yet to reply! This is not fair to me or my dealer. I'm going to send it back. I have no other choice. I guess I'll wait for the aerocharger! BOTTOM LINE (at this point) : DO NOT BUY A SILBER TURBO!
I guess that's why they have them listed on eBay for $3500 or MAKE OFFER and can't sell them….bummer too because the video of one with it installed is pretty bad ass….

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
I would try to work it out. Your going to be out a lot of labor if you don't. I would just buy a pcv pti and have it dyno tuned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
90 Posts
thanks for the input guys. unfortunately you are talking over my limited head when it comes to this. I will refer the thread to my dealer. I appreciate your help. thanks again.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I know you said you tried emailing them, what about trying to call them? A much better way of getting a response sometimes. That way you can get a tone of his voice with his side of the story. Don't give up! Your so dam close to all that power!?

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
thanks for the input guys. unfortunately you are talking over my limited head when it comes to this. I will refer the thread to my dealer. I appreciate your help. thanks again.
now thats a big problem, putting all of your faith in another person to do everything correctly. I understand that we al cant know everything but in your situation i think you should know how the system works and how to diagnose any issues you may have while out riding.

not having a basic knowledge of how the turbo and your sxs work is just asking to be taken advantage of and being broken down with no knowledge of how to temporally fix or limp home.

grab a book or spend some time on the phone talking to KMS, Silber, or any turbo installer to know how the basic system works. Emailling someone really gets you nowhere. Grab the phone and spend some time understanding how a turbo will work on your sxs. I get leaving the work to the professionals, but putting all of your faith in a shops hands is dangerous.

·
Registered
502 Posts
now thats a big problem, putting all of your faith in another person to do everything correctly. I understand that we al cant know everything but in your situation i think you should know how the system works and how to diagnose any issues you may have while out riding.

not having a basic knowledge of how the turbo and your sxs work is just asking to be taken advantage of and being broken down with no knowledge of how to temporally fix or limp home.

grab a book or spend some time on the phone talking to KMS, Silber, or any turbo installer to know how the basic system works. Emailling someone really gets you nowhere. Grab the phone and spend some time understanding how a turbo will work on your sxs. I get leaving the work to the professionals, but putting all of your faith in a shops hands is dangerous.
This is the exact reason why I signed up on this forum, n man I don't regret it.
I went out with all my riding buddies the other weekend actually went to a restaurant u know something different then the mud hole.
I realized how much info I have in my head just from getting on this site daily n hitting the new post button n see what I might learn that day. Only one other guy has a maverick in my group n I sat there n talked to him of a hour going over the basics I picked up here, n he thought I was a can am master, I am so far from being a master of anything. Last time out at ole mud Muckers there were sooooo many more mavericks but nobody from this site atleast they weren't on this site then they are now though only because I went over some of the conversations on here n all the sudden they realize how much they don't know bout there own bike. I am a info maniac n this site is my fix

1 - 20 of 22 Posts