Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered one thru my dealer. It has been 5 weeks since they began the install and it still doesn't work right...no where near as good as stock! My dealer tells me that Silber hasn't been much help. They initially sent a wrong part (spring maybe). Something to do with altitude. If that is an issue, then why didn't they ask the appropriate questions when the order is being placed?! Then, it took over two weeks to get here! WTF! This is the first turbo my dealer has installed on a Maverick. But the mechanic doing the job has turbo experience. Silber advertises their turbo as "bolt on". Well, it did bolt on, but the thing doesn't work right. They say 7 hrs to install it. I would be happy with less than 20. My dealer has way more than that into it trying to trouble shoot Silber's problems. I have dealt with this dealer for years and they are very good. There seems to be a communication issue between Silber's electronics and those of the Maverick. I don't really understand. Not my department. The thing shuts down regularly. No apparent rhyme or reason to this. The RPMs vary when it shuts down. But, for sure, it shuts down when the RPM is held constant at 4300, 5000, & 6900 RPMs. My top end also dropped from 119kph (70mph) to 108kph (64mph)! And the new clutch...rattles. My dealer gave me a loaner last weekend while they had mine and it was superior over my turbo'd XRS in acceleration and top speed! WTF!!! Silber should not be selling a product that does not do what they promise. I have sent Silber 2 emails regarding this pleading for help. They have yet to reply! This is not fair to me or my dealer. I'm going to ask my dealer to send it back. I have no other choice. I guess I'll wait for the aerocharger! BOTTOM LINE (at this point) : DO NOT BUY A SILBER TURBO!

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
I ordered one thru my dealer. It has been 5 weeks since they began the install and it still doesn't work right...no where near as good as stock! My dealer tells me that Silber hasn't been much help. They initially sent a wrong part (spring maybe). Something to do with altitude. If that is an issue, then why didn't they ask the appropriate questions when the order is being placed?! Then, it took over two weeks to get here! WTF! This is the first turbo my dealer has installed on a Maverick. But the mechanic doing the job has turbo experience. Silber advertises their turbo as "bolt on". Well, it did bolt on, but the thing doesn't work right. They say 7 hrs to install it. I would be happy with less than 20. My dealer has way more than that into it trying to trouble shoot Silber's problems. I have dealt with this dealer for years and they are very good. There seems to be a communication issue between Silber's electronics and those of the Maverick. I don't really understand. Not my department. The thing shuts down regularly. No apparent rhyme or reason to this. The RPMs vary when it shuts down. But, for sure, it shuts down when the RPM is held constant at 4300, 5000, & 6900 RPMs. My top end also dropped from 119kph (70mph) to 108kph (64mph)! And the new clutch...rattles. My dealer gave me a loaner last weekend while they had mine and it was superior over my turbo'd XRS in acceleration and top speed! WTF!!! Silber should not be selling a product that does not do what they promise. I have sent Silber 2 emails regarding this pleading for help. They have yet to reply! This is not fair to me or my dealer. I'm going to ask my dealer to send it back. I have no other choice. I guess I'll wait for the aerocharger! BOTTOM LINE (at this point) : DO NOT BUY A SILBER TURBO!
Maybe shoot mrrpm a pm and see if his ecu reflash might be able to help you out. I am thinking your maverick might be shutting down due to shaft saver and his reflash eliminates this. Just a thought, you never know...

·
Registered
7 Posts
MCXpress does have one, mine has been on for 6 weeks and still has not left the shop. it does not run correct either. its one code, then another, then it will not run....

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have heard that silber is a terrible set up. I have the MCX kit on my maverick and it is amazing. It runs flawlessly and flat out moves. I would highly recommend it. It took about a month to install because we too had issues and it was the first maverick the shop in town had done. They usually do rzrs in 8 hours. It was worth the wait though.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Pretty cool of the dealer to give ya a loaner! I'm not help on this to you, But I do know how hard it can be to tune chargers for diesel trucks, cant image on these things. But on other hand, being its a "kit", you'd think it would be pretty straight forward bolt on

1 - 8 of 8 Posts