Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I'd bet the problem is the throttle closing. Once the computer detects what it thinks is wheelspin, it shuts the throttle. This may not be the whole problem, but I'll bet it's part of it.
So is the only way to get around this is to have the Can Am race ECU?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Where does one get a can am "race" ECU?
You have to go thru Can Am and be a registered racer. I hear you also have to agree to void your warranty since it is assumed you will be racing your vehicle. I believe N04NCRP said he could get them. Maybe shoot him a PM.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Where does one get a can am "race" ECU?
I don't know what the dealer has into it but my price was to be $4500. Dealer is over 50 hrs now. We are throwing in the towel as of today. :( How likely do u think Silber will be willing to refund the dealer cost??? I'm not holding my breath! Going to be a big fight!!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I don't know what the dealer has into it but my price was to be $4500. Dealer is over 50 hrs now. We are throwing in the towel as of today. :( How likely do u think Silber will be willing to refund the dealer cost??? I'm not holding my breath! Going to be a big fight!!
Was that price installed?

Did you purchase it with a credit card? If so, start a dispute with them and also contact the BBB and report it as well. Then find every forum you can on the internet with any discussions about their products and go spread the word. One individual can have a huge impact on a company if they are persistent and any smart business would be wise to work out an agreement with that person to protect their reputation. If they make anything that is worth a crap, eating the cost on one sale, should be small in the scheme of things.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I can get the Black box, gizmo, ecu or whatever else you want to call it! LOL PM me for more details

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I can get the Black box, gizmo, ecu or whatever else you want to call it! LOL PM me for more details
My dealer actually got his hands on a "black box" today. It did not fix the problems. :(

I don't know what the price was installed because there was never a final bill because it didn't work right. $4500 for turbo kit (box of garbage), call it 15 hrs labour at $70 per, and 15% f*****g tax...= $6400 approx. for nothing but crap and a waste of time!

We're done! Tearing it off and sending back. If Silber doesn't want to do refund then dealer will have to launch a dispute with credit card company. What a pain in the ass!

Putting pipes, clutch, air filter, and fuel controller on it. Should be safe with that.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
My dealer actually got his hands on a "black box" today. It did not fix the problems. :(

I don't know what the price was installed because there was never a final bill because it didn't work right. $4500 for turbo kit (box of garbage), call it 15 hrs labour at $70 per, and 15% f*****g tax...= $6400 approx. for nothing but crap and a waste of time!

We're done! Tearing it off and sending back. If Silber doesn't want to do refund then dealer will have to launch a dispute with credit card company. What a pain in the ass!

Putting pipes, clutch, air filter, and fuel controller on it. Should be safe with that.
So your dealer isn't charging you because it didn't work? If so, that is a stand up dealer!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
So your dealer isn't charging you because it didn't work? If so, that is a stand up dealer!
That is correct. A dealer cannot charge you for something that doesn't work. They r a reputable dealer.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
That is correct. A dealer cannot charge you for something that doesn't work. They r a reputable dealer.
I don't know about can't…..shouldn't is more like it. Glad to see they are taking care of you. I assume you ordered it thru them than. I just assumed you bought it and took it to them to install…..in that case they would have no vested interest in dealing with Silber on the return.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I don't know about can't…..shouldn't is more like it. Glad to see they are taking care of you. I assume you ordered it thru them than. I just assumed you bought it and took it to them to install…..in that case they would have no vested interest in dealing with Silber on the return.
Correct. I always put the dealer in the middle of the larger upgrades. They have more clout than I do if things go south.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Correct. I always put the dealer in the middle of the larger upgrades. They have more clout than I do if things go south.
Very smart idea and it is nice to have a reputable dealer to work with. So did they (your dealer) actually recommend the Silber to you or did you inquire about it and they offered to do it?

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Wow, I was really concidering going this route. Think I'll stick to N/A for now, and wait till someone gets it all sorted befor throwing that kind of money away. Hope you get things worked out BBB.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Aerocharger's webiste says they have one for the maverick but don't have a link for it yet. If your interested, I would call them direct.

aerocharger.jpg

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
No...I'll sit this dance out for now. I work too hard for my money to take a chance that big.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I am with you on that! Now if there were 50 fellas out there with them and they all had great things to say about it, then it would be hard to not consider it….

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Very smart idea and it is nice to have a reputable dealer to work with. So did they (your dealer) actually recommend the Silber to you or did you inquire about it and they offered to do it?
I was discussing with the dealer HP increase options. I know I could have added pipes, air filter, clutch, and tuner and gained 15-20hp. But I was looking for more. So, If I spent $2-3K and still wasn't satisfied then I would have to drop another $7K for a turbo and the $1000 pipes would be a waste. So, I jumped directly to the turbo. The dealer did recommend it as a result of research he did. The whole turbo thing has been nothing short of a big time and money waster, both for me and my dealer! Not to mention that I am missing prime riding time! As far as I'm concerned, Silber is at fault. Period. They are selling a product that doesn't meet promises, and they won't return calls or emails. I figure they are having a lot of these issues and don't have the answers so they are choosing to burry their head in the sand! I knew going into this that I would be a "Guiney pig" cause the Maverick and turbo are new and the dealer hadn't put one on before. But this is ridiculous! Silber told the dealer that it should take 7 hrs to install the turbo. Well, 50 hrs later, still no go!!! It's no wonder people go postal!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
So if you can't get it to work what direction are you going to go to get the HP you want? BBK?

21 - 40 of 48 Posts