1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Yes it will fit I have the complete kit on my maverick. It's all plug and play. When you run the new harness for the rear turn signals you will not use the tail light and brake light plugs on the new harness just the turn signal plugs. You have to keep your stock brake and running light harness intact. So you will have both harnesses running up to the rear. I don't have a max but it will fit those to. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it will fit I have the complete kit on my maverick. It's all plug and play. When you run the new harness for the rear turn signals you will not use the tail light and brake light plugs on the new harness just the turn signal plugs. You have to keep your stock brake and running light harness intact. So you will have both harnesses running up to the rear. I don't have a max but it will fit those to. Hope this helps.
Yes it does. Thank you. Burt`s UTV called Brp and they said that it won`t work but as on the pictures and with the info you provided im confident that it actually will work!!!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Ya the dealer I bought mine from does street legal kits and they put these on the maverick max all the time. I've seen a max with it on there so I know it work, there's guys on here that have a max with it on there also. So Burt's is full of crap.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
knowing them, they say it won't fit because it is not 100% plug and play.....(or is it?)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
knowing them, they say it won't fit because it is not 100% plug and play.....(or is it?)
As much as I know by now, it is a plug and play because the Commander and Maverick have the same electrical system. Member: Cholber 1 wrote how to install it in the 2nd thread.
But I will definitely confirm after I installed it personally and made some picture of it.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Heavy, it is plug and play you just have to use both rear harnesses. The new one you use only the turnsignal plugs for the new turn signals and leave the break and tail light one from factory hooked up. its because at the battery where the plugs are its a little different set up. but its def plug and play. I didnt have to cut or splice anything it all plugged together. its a sweet deal. expensive but real nice

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Heavy, it is plug and play you just have to use both rear harnesses. The new one you use only the turnsignal plugs for the new turn signals and leave the break and tail light one from factory hooked up. its because at the battery where the plugs are its a little different set up. but its def plug and play. I didnt have to cut or splice anything it all plugged together. its a sweet deal. expensive but real nice
I understand what your saying...what I meant was Can Am says it is not a direct fit because the brake and tail light setup is different requiring you to use the stock harness for them. So in Can Am's eyes it was not made for the Maverick so it probably is not listed for the Maverick even though you clearly showed it works.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You can also purchase the Euro rear light mounts so the turn signals bolt in and they do have the front mounts too which go on the bumper. I am just in the process of doing this now.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
OP, I started that thread you mention. If you look through that thread you will see that I posted pics of the parts diagram showing the differences between the Commander turn signal kit and the Maverick turn signal kit. The main differences you will notices are the front turn signal light and driving light assemblies are mounted different between the two machines. The harnesses do have different part numbers as well. I know cholber1 says it will work but I believe there is some customization that needs to be done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do any of you guys still have the installation instructions for the signaling kit, I am looking for a copy so I can mount the turn signal switch. I didn't buy the whole kit just the wiring loom and turn signal swithch. Thanks if you can help me.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
OP, I started that thread you mention. If you look through that thread you will see that I posted pics of the parts diagram showing the differences between the Commander turn signal kit and the Maverick turn signal kit. The main differences you will notices are the front turn signal light and driving light assemblies are mounted different between the two machines. The harnesses do have different part numbers as well. I know cholber1 says it will work but I believe there is some customization that needs to be done.
Nope no customization needed all plug and play. Pm me if you want to come by and check it out. Then I can show you exactly how it went together.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Do any of you guys still have the installation instructions for the signaling kit, I am looking for a copy so I can mount the turn signal switch. I didn't buy the whole kit just the wiring loom and turn signal swithch. Thanks if you can help me.
I may have them I can copy them onto my laptop and email them to ya. Let me see if I can find them for ya.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Nope no customization needed all plug and play. Pm me if you want to come by and check it out. Then I can show you exactly how it went together.
Well hopefully we can meet at Silver Lake this year. I definitely want to see your setup. I haven't bought the BRP kit yet simply because I thought they would come out with one specifically for the Maverick.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Well hopefully we can meet at Silver Lake this year. I definitely want to see your setup. I haven't bought the BRP kit yet simply because I thought they would come out with one specifically for the Maverick.
Ya most def well meet up. Its super simple to hook up and looks factory installed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts