Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me if the safety side nets keep unit from full power if unhooked? The dealer told me it does. I didn't see ay wires running to it. It's new so I didn't run it WOT to find out. Also I'm thinking of removing them. Any thoughts or suggestions. Thx

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
the seat belts have a sensor ,

the nets don't unless that's something new

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Can someone tell me if the safety side nets keep unit from full power if unhooked? The dealer told me it does. I didn't see ay wires running to it. It's new so I didn't run it WOT to find out. Also I'm thinking of removing them. Any thoughts or suggestions. Thx
dealer is full of crap.....side nets are 100% mechanical....no sensors of any kind.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Drivers side seat belt has a sensor, the nets do not.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I removed my nets too... No issue. No sensor.

Dealers say that because they don't want someone to go flying out w/o a seatbelt on and get hurt, then turn around and blame it on them.

If you put in harnesses on, what I did was pull the sensor from the seatbelt receiver, electrical tape/ziptie the dipswitch to stay continuously engaged and bam. Done.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Just goes to show how much some dealerships actually know about the products they sell..........smh

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Run as far away from that filling station as you can, he only claims to be a dealer. He should be ashamed!
You should put him on the spot for lying

·
Registered
155 Posts
Not sure if dealer would be lying maybe just misinformed either way he's wrong.any dealer should know the machines they sell.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
No net sensors, just the drivers belt buckle. You can jumper the belt buckle wires together if need be to bypass...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
640 Posts
My dealer told me the same thing.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I'm seeing a trend lately... every time someone starts a sentence with "My dealer says", it is quite apparent that they have been misinformed by said dealer. The dealer I bought my Mav from were definately a bunch of nice guys, but I'm just not one to ever go back after my initial purchase. I'd go buy another machine off them, but I wouldn't be going back for service or accessories.

·
Registered
231 Posts
The ' Nets' saved my mrs arm from being mangled when we rolled it...

Just a thought.

From ' The Land Down Under ' .

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the info, I did go look closer after my post and didn't see any wires. I think my nets are coming off, I use it around the house and get in and out a lot. Too much trouble. Thanks again. Next time I will ask a harder question.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts