Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

SICKK MAVERICK VID!!! (OSTACRUISER's)

9K views 31 replies 21 participants last post by  sTa 
#1 ·

#4 ·
That's aweome

#5 ·
Glamisfan! I'm sorry said:
My thoughts exactly. To me, this place looks like a boat would be more fun and better to use than a car.

#6 ·
yea me too. Seems pointless, skill less, and a waste. Show me a video if a maverick hitting miles of 3 foot whoops doing 50mph+ now thats my kind of adrenaline rush.

Reactions: mearsman
#7 ·
seems pretty awesome too me..but hell what do I know I'm just a wheeler....lol!!come on guys its like music or that ugly girl...some people may like it some don't... but I doubt that that dude is completely skill or clueless and he looks like they are having fun!!!

#10 ·
Don't let it bother you, we don't have any dunes here the little we had the county shut em down yrs ago so we have to make do with what we have. Hell ya I wanna do 50 over some sweet jumps but any sweet jumps lands in the mud over here. That's ok though, the mud is an adventure every time you go. It might not look like it to some of the guys on this forum but that driving style is challenging n when your out there you can tell who knows how to drive just like when the west coast guys are out in the dunes they can see who has skills. I like the fact there are so many different ways people use these Mavericks. If we all liked/did the same stuff life would be Lame.
So I notice ALot of buoyancy in the front of the maverick honestly mine is not water wheelieing like that.

Reactions: boovan
#11 ·
Have u ever seen the go pro vids of folks in the desert. Wow I'm driving around in the wide open desert!! For me it's about like watching golf. Don't get me wrong that vid wasn't very action packed ether. But at least there was some element of danger. As far as vids go if its gonna be in the desert show me some jumps, if the mud, hit the hole hard and go deep. Woods I wanna see y'all hauling ass. We all ride for different reasons and in different locations. I guess you can knock it till you try it tho!

#14 ·
Have u ever seen the go pro vids of folks in the desert. Wow I'm driving around in the wide open desert!! For me it's about like watching golf. Don't get me wrong that vid wasn't very action packed ether. But at least there was some element of danger.
If you want some element danger, then you obviously have not been to Glamis. You may think its boring but the sheer size and steepness of those dunes will make your ass punker big time, if your not used to them. And even if you are used to them, just go faster and the punker factor will return quickly. There are dunes that are well over 300' tall and so steep the sand avalanches from its own weight, and its impossible to see over the top until you crest it. Then usually its too late to go in another direction. Clearly one night ride in Glamis and you'll be done with wanting some element of danger. You also must have never played any golf, otherwise you would be able to appreciate the quality of what they are doing. However, I understand not everyone can have an appreciation of things that don't involve risking your life.

Reactions: Malarki
#12 ·
I don't ride in the water like that and I dont mind hitting the dunes every once in a while, but seems like it would get boring after a while. I think the duners are just jealous that they have a set riding season. I ride all year long, mud, hill climbs, mountains, and woods with some drag racing on the side.

#15 ·
There is no better rush than night riding in Glamis! Riding in the mudholes would be fun for a little bit, but the clean up looks like it would take forever.

#20 ·
Trust me when I say, you dont need to have trees zipping by on a narrow trail for one small miss calculation to end badly. This happens multiply times a day at Glamis when someone following doesn't stay in line and over a witches eye they go. Usually that means game over and your damn lucky if you not waiting for life flight to get you out of there on a stretcher. I agree riding big open desert or sand dunes can get boring but Glamis is anything but boring. It can be down right knarly and you better know how to drive. If you are the least bit intimidated and dont commit 100% to your line, you can be in big trouble real fast.

#26 ·
Oh we have our moments in the mud. Like when a bike flips and pins you on the bottom of a deep hole.Or water moccasins chasing ya, or alligators. .... lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

#27 ·
I didn't mind the gators…it was the snakes, scorpions, ants, roaches…..need I go on.

#31 ·
I avoid mud like the plague. It looks like it'd be fun for sure.. As long as I was using somebody else's machine.

#32 ·
Haha good times just like us southern homies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.