Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I'm going to run without the cover on, just a scatter shield, and then see if this Canned Ham can handle my abu...... I mean driving style :):):)

·
Registered
711 Posts
I ran a blower on my Commander the whole GNCC race season after the first race and I never had another belt blow up!

yes but you had the BRP race blower setup right? this is not your average blower that you go buy from a boat shop. the BRP race blower setup that you likely had, is a 5" high velocity blower they stole from one of their race sea-doos and built the necesary stuff to neck it down and molded all new intake ducting to get the 5" blower to neck down to the 3" oval inlet. a blower that big is not what these guys are typically using. most guys are going to a boat shop and getting an off-the-shelf 3" blower which has less than have the CFM that the BRP blower setup has.

this is the BRP race blower setup, which is quite a bit bigger than your average joes build in his garage

CVT_cooling_fan_kit01.jpg

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
so tell me what is teh difference in the stock belt that comes on your machine, vs the belt you buy from dealer when you need a replacement?? why is there a difference? i noticed a belt number change on my commander limited when i replaced it to, just never knew why it was that way.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
From what I've read, nobody knows what the deal is with that. From the factory, the Can Am's come with one belt. When you order a replacement, it has a different number.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
It's completely sealed, so if you're going to go through water or mud that deep, then you need to keep the cover on.
"if you run with cover off, would that work in riding areas where you will be in 2 foot of water a lot?? is the maverick cover a semi sealed unit"

·
Registered
711 Posts
the maverick is snorkeled from the factory to fordge water about as deep as the top of the back tire. when you get water over the top of the back tire, you are asking for trouble. water in your clutch housing is a game over deal breaker. you cant go anywhere untill you get out, and drain the water out of the housing and let it dry out.

running with no cover in the sand would be purely experimental at this stage to find out how much longer a belt would last. in the past, i have found that the commanders, rhinos, and arctic cats all hold a belt much longer with no cover, or with large holes drilled in the cover. but how much longer on the maverick i can not say, because i have not been in the big dunes with one yet to test it thouroughly. but it SHOULD help you make a belt last longer.

the BRP race blower setup uses a 5" blower necked down to 3" you can see the aluminum tube is the necked down part. it goes from the 5" blower to the 3" plastic intake tube, that is necked down to an oval at the clutch housing inlet

·
Registered
266 Posts
Would the Brp race blower work on the maverick? If so where do I order it from and how much?

·
Registered
711 Posts
i honestly dont know. being a BRP race part, it is only available to the sponsored racers. you would likely have to build your own. that setup posted fit the commanders, which is almost a mirror copy to a maverick in the interior panels, and clutch housing. so maybe, but i could not tell you for sure unless i had a maverick, AND had their kit to put it all together. which in all honestly will never all happen. so i can only speculate, and assume that yes it would work, because of all the similarities between the maverick and commander in the engine placement, clutch housings, and interior panels.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts