41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
856 Posts
Screw BRP and their crappy clutch. Running a 20k machine in the dunes should never shred a belt on a machine that has under 300 miles on it. My commander has NEVER lost a belt but it had a cvtech/stm clutch and now a full stm setup. BRP needs to get its head out of its ass and build a decent clutch. My clutch belt exploded and took out the helix, spring, and messed up the secondary some.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Screw BRP and their crappy clutch. Running a 20k machine in the dunes should never shred a belt on a machine that has under 300 miles on it. My commander has NEVER lost a belt but it had a cvtech/stm clutch and now a full stm setup. BRP needs to get its head out of its ass and build a decent clutch. My clutch belt exploded and took out the helix, spring, and messed up the secondary some.

will Brp fix this under warranty ?

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
856 Posts
I will get my parts replaced under warranty but I'm not sure if I will put it back on the car.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I will get my parts replaced under warranty but I'm not sure if I will put it back on the car.
let us know when u find the ONE , !! - '' best aftermarket clutch '' - lol

Reactions: C.Moore

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
856 Posts
Unfortunately I know the best clutch for my setup will be the full stm cause it is highly tunable..NEVER has blew a belt even runnin hard in glamis.never slips under load..can handle huge hp...but even the rage 6 is 2000 dollars

·
Registered
791 Posts
When you say it took out your secondary Helix and spring it's sounds to me like your secondary bolt backed off. If that is what happened that sucks but it is totally preventable. You should always install the secondary bolt using Lock-tite. Had the same thing happen on my Renegade last fall.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
What's the budget way to get a reliable clutch on this thing? Why do I need to change the secondary also? Id like to just change the primary. How much does it cost for the different primary's? How much does it cost for the QSCprimary/STM secondary? I'm happy with the way it performs, so I don't need to spend the money on the biggest baddest most tunable one.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
856 Posts
When you say it took out your secondary Helix and spring it's sounds to me like your secondary bolt backed off. If that is what happened that sucks but it is totally preventable. You should always install the secondary bolt using Lock-tite. Had the same thing happen on my Renegade last fall.
Secondary bolt was still in the machine

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Boat Blowers wont do it. It sounds good but they really dont move enough air. If you just run in the Dunes take the cover off and build a a metal top scatter shield to protect you on the top side from a belt blowing up and wrap the exhaust. And if you blow another belt you wont have to take off the cover LOL.
I think I'm gonna go this route after all. It worked great on my Rhino.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I think I'm gonna go this route after all. It worked great on my Rhino.

I think your wasting lots of time and a Little change putting on a Bilge blower. Your Rhino had 29hp and the belts were not slipping like this thing. So do your self a favor and run with the cover off and Plan on upgrading the clutch. I run both STM clutches since thats the only real solution to the problem.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
856 Posts
Glamisfan warlock is right if this problem is going to go away upgrading is the only solution. Who wants to be stranded in the dunes or miles from ur truck cause of an belt.

·
Registered
711 Posts
the crank is a taper fit. the clutch swedges on the crank. you have to have a puller to get the stock clutch off the taper.

go to youtube, watch the "commander clutch disassembly" vid and then watch the "commander clutch install" vid. both show the crank, and how to install the new clutch. it does not matter if you are using a CVtech, STM, or QSC, they all attach to the crank and install the exact same way

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I was watching Glamisfan make the multiple, maybe 12-15 runs up hill 4, and thinking to myself his belt must be getting hot. This was immediately after running thru the dunes to get there. This hill is steep, long and the sand was super soft. You can't do runs like that without letting the belt cool down first. Like Airdam Adam said, heat kills these belt's quickly. I also don't think adding a blower will help much. I know from past experience that cutting holes in the top of cover helps tremendously by allowing the hot air & heat to escape sooner, which is more important than getting new air in.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.