Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
These belt problems are so hit and miss. I have some buddies with commanders and all off them have over 1k miles on the factory belt with no problems. I'm not saying glamisfan is at fault for his shredded belt but the different types of terrain definitely plays a role more than anything. I'm right at the 20k$ and this is unacceptable, especially for a machine that's aimed for the desert/west coast guys.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Boat Blowers wont do it. It sounds good but they really dont move enough air. If you just run in the Dunes take the cover off and build a a metal top scatter shield to protect you on the top side from a belt blowing up and wrap the exhaust. And if you blow another belt you wont have to take off the cover LOL.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Those blowers move a ton of air.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
This is only an 85cfm blower.

You can get ones that move upwards of 230cfm.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I ordered Lava wrap (2000 degrees continuos), and a 4" blower, both from eBay. I'll run this setup, and see if I can get 1500 miles on it. If I blow another, I'll leave the cover off, and build a scatter shield for the top. Also, I can't find a belt on the web, except for the 212 on eBay.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I would talk to ///air dam. He seems knowledgeable when it comes to brp belts.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Adam says that you cannot get the belt the maverick comes with, only the 212 belt.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Adam also says that he sells the 364. The 364 is the belt that comes on the Mav. The 212 is the replacement that Can Am says to use.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Whats the price of the two?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I ordered Lava wrap (2000 degrees continuos), and a 4" blower, both from eBay. I'll run this setup, and see if I can get 1500 miles on it. If I blow another, I'll leave the cover off, and build a scatter shield for the top. Also, I can't find a belt on the web, except for the 212 on eBay.
Why go thru all of the hassle of the blower BS and just to keep the belt cover on. Why do you want to keep the cover on.

·
Registered
711 Posts
the 212 belt is the dealer replacement belt that you get from a dealership. they vary from dealer to dealer, some are as high as $180, i saw one dealer in lousisana selling them to current customers for $139.

the 364 belt that comes on your machine, would run $209 retail, if you could get it from a dealer.

running in the sand dunes, duning hard, is making the stock clutch slip. this slip is cooking the belt. the clutch housing wont let enough air in and out to keep the belt cool, so it explodes. running without a cover would help, or cutting some 2" holes into your cover would help. but running the stock clutch, which is designed to slip under a load, is eventually going to cook the belt under some hard riding. cutting holes in the cover helps, and replacing the stock clutch that slips the belt helps.

and i do have the 364 belt that actually comes on your machine.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
the 212 belt is the dealer replacement belt that you get from a dealership. they vary from dealer to dealer, some are as high as $180, i saw one dealer in lousisana selling them to current customers for $139.

the 364 belt that comes on your machine, would run $209 retail, if you could get it from a dealer.

running in the sand dunes, duning hard, is making the stock clutch slip. this slip is cooking the belt. the clutch housing wont let enough air in and out to keep the belt cool, so it explodes. running without a cover would help, or cutting some 2" holes into your cover would help. but running the stock clutch, which is designed to slip under a load, is eventually going to cook the belt under some hard riding. cutting holes in the cover helps, and replacing the stock clutch that slips the belt helps.

and i do have the 364 belt that actually comes on your machine.

do you sell the belts? i need an extra one. send me a paypal invoice if you do please,

·
Registered
417 Posts
Heres some out of the box thinking and engineering for BRP.

We have the industry leading exposed clutch/belt cover which features the first tool less removal system so you can keep replacing belts in the field effortlessly!!!

Now im impressed

21 - 40 of 76 Posts