Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1141 - 1160 of 1161 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Thanks for the great pictures,
Our group is thinking about Moab next year, for our annual OctoberFest get together..

Barbara

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Can-Am Maverick X3 Max XDS Turbo R
200 Posts
It's been two years since we've been out riding. We took a nice trip with friends to the river. We started out close to the 95 near Nelson, NV and our first stop was Keyhole Canyon. Cool petroglyphs and a nice stop for a break. When there is a good rain there's a waterfall in this location.

Bedrock Mountain Terrain Landscape Formation

There's nice sites to see and some good solitude out here.

Sky Mountain Asphalt Road surface Bedrock

Sky Plant Bedrock Natural landscape Formation

Sky Cloud Car Vehicle Hood

Our destination was a nice cove off of the river that we had all to ourselves.

Cloud Water Sky Water resources Mountain

Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Mountain

It felt good to have the wind and sun on my face and to be out doing what I love with my love.

Tire Wheel Sky Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
2021 Maverick Sport X RC
64 Posts
Ran the Wickenburg Mtns./Copperopolis trail this past weekend.

Not too horribly difficult, but with some fun sections.

Awesome desert scenery

Isaac Bradshaw (1819-1885 according to the plaque) grave site

And the Bradshaw Mountains are littered with evidence of old mining operations. Fun stuff to stop and explore.

Overall a great day-trip!

·
Registered
2020 XRC Turbo RR
794 Posts

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
2,649 Posts
I don't bother with filters or editing. That's shit people do that care about the opinions of strangers. I'm only sharing because I want to.

Top of the World isn't a hard trail it's just aesthetic at the top. My 16 year old daughter in a RZR S 900 passed jeeps on 40s. The X3 makes it feel flat.
It was the on the edge part I was getting at. It bugged me you didn't go right to the edge and risk your life!

It's already your home screen on your devices 100%.

You're welcome haha 😄.

·
Registered
2021 Maverick Sport X RC
64 Posts
Took advantage of the beautiful weather here and went for another ride on Sunday. More desert trails, this time about half-way between Phoenix and Wickenburg. Our destination was an old gold and vanadium mine, called Dragon Mine. A very quick ride got us there.

I’d read about it on-line, but definitely neat to see it in person and imagine what it was like back in its day. We saw several other of these vertical mine shafts throughout the day, sprinkled here and there at random.

From there we put another 40 or so miles on the cars, just cruising through washes and desert trails. Ran across some more old ruins:

Grave markers

And what appears to be another sizeable operation, which our map only identified as “ruins”.

There was also a “Tub Spring” noted on the map, and consisted of a pipe on the ground with water barely trickling out of it.

Not a whole lot of technical riding, just a couple spots here and there needed to go into 4 low. Still, overall had a great day outdoors.

1141 - 1160 of 1161 Posts