Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

981 - 1000 of 1002 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Can-am Maverick 1000r DPS
98 Posts
that's awesome honestly.. i'm a huge history nerd.. next time you're in the area wana snag some of those wagon rut photos for me?
Sure...there are some not far from my home, just north of the Snake River.

Reactions: Quad2Sxs

·
Registered
2021 Maverick Sport X RC
31 Posts
Went camping on ranch land, roughly in between Sonoita and Benson.

Wasn’t really a trip to go riding, but figured I’d bring the car along anyways. My buddy recently had back surgery and wasn’t up for a bumpy ride, so I went out by myself for a quick jaunt. Found some BLM land a few miles away and cruised around a bit.

I heard one of the ranchers describe this as “high desert” and also said they were dealing with drought conditions. Not a whole heck of a lot in this particular area.

This

Surrounded by a lot more of this

Not much out there but cows. Since I was solo I didn’t spend a whole lot of time exploring. I did bring the hand-held ham radio and really wasn’t that far out, but also didn’t want to deal with some remote recovery if things went south.

Next morning this guy cruised by:

Obligatory Can Am shot, the big guy in the background.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Cool area with plenty of history and some good riding. Depending on where you camped, Empire Ranch is on the Western side of Las Cienegas with roads and trails from Hwy 83 where the old ranch house is over to the Whetstones, from Hwy 82 to I-10. Across 83 is Gardener Canyon, also very popular for riding and camping. Lots more tree cover to beat the heat! Mind them Brahmas

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts

Dumont Dunes this past weekened. What an absolute blast! Running the Bighorns at 8psi and had no issues in the sand. We arrived around 1030am that day. It started getting hot around 1-2pm (90f) so we left at 2pm. A good 3+ hours of riding and lunch break.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Great day ride with family and friends. Our wives went to Nashville for the weekend so the guys loaded up the kids and machines and headed to Little Sahara. Temperature was 23 degrees when we left the house, got up into the high 60's by mid afternoon.

Couldn't have ask for a better day!

No injuries, no breakdowns!

·
Premium Member
11,813 Posts
Reactions: Extrememc

·
Premium Member
11,813 Posts
981 - 1000 of 1002 Posts