Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

961 - 980 of 1002 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts

I took about 20 soccer balls with me. A couple of my satisfied customers.

We stopped by Ranch Piedra Blanca on the way to San Francisquito

We stayed with our buddy "Han" in San Quintin. He was peddling the peninsula with his son. One of the wait staff wanted a photo. The next night he was in the suite in Catavina, as soon as he vacated my wife and I were in that room. Me and "Indy" are suite buddies too.
If you ever have the chance to do Baja, don't miss it. It's unlike anything we do here in the states.

·
Premium Member
X3 XRS R Triple Black
1,300 Posts
Haha 😂 haven't been down since 94

I remember those days we would stop in Valley De Trinidad and give the kids stickers and candy one of the guys wife had Helium balloons HSBM every kid came to get one to the point of rationing the size of the balloon

I knew the Simpson’s and The Leon’s at Mikes's used to fly in before the military destroyed the airfield. Narco days

Not sure who's alive still at Simpson's we would bring Coors to one the old guys and Olimpia to the old lady in the shack out side of Mikes Valley

Enjoy be careful! thanks for being good to the locals remember to close the gates

·
Premium Member
11,813 Posts

I took about 20 soccer balls with me. A couple of my satisfied customers.

We stopped by Ranch Piedra Blanca on the way to San Francisquito

We stayed with our buddy "Han" in San Quintin. He was peddling the peninsula with his son. One of the wait staff wanted a photo. The next night he was in the suite in Catavina, as soon as he vacated my wife and I were in that room. Me and "Indy" are suite buddies too.
If you ever have the chance to do Baja, don't miss it. It's unlike anything we do here in the states.

GREAT pics!!! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Awesome pics! Looks like you had some really nice weather as well. Sorry if I missed it but what outfit was this trip through? or was it a private trip?
I just did my first trip down there and cant wait to go back.

·
Registered
2021 X3 X DS Turbo RR
17 Posts
This is just South of my house. We can't wait to ride at other areas around the country.. but having this in our backyard is pretty awesome.

Hills south of Sequim, WA ... looking out at Sequim Bay and Discovery Bay in the distance

Found a few snow trails

·
Registered
78 Posts
Awesome pics! Looks like you had some really nice weather as well. Sorry if I missed it but what outfit was this trip through? or was it a private trip?
I just did my first trip down there and cant wait to go back.
Private trip. A very large group of friends and family, about 120 people, and some 40 plus vehicles. They've been doing this for years.

·
Premium Member
11,813 Posts
Private trip. A very large group of friends and family, about 120 people, and some 40 plus vehicles. They've been doing this for years.

Great pics! First pic, MOTM material, thanks for sharing.

Reactions: AZ Off Road

·
Registered
2017 Can-am Maverick 1000r DPS
98 Posts
Went out the Hammet, ID a couple weeks ago. Only made it out a couple hours before a storm front came from nowhere and sent us back to the truck. Stopped along the Oregon Trail near the Snake River. Hit some small dunes on he way back home...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Rolls OHV is our go-to place to ride. They don't call it Rolls for nothing though... The unit was abandoned when we pulled up. Looks like the people left or were transported back to the trailhead. WE saw goggles but no helmets.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just got back from Moab. This was Friday's entertainment...

Attachments

·
Registered
712 Posts
Went out the Hammet, ID a couple weeks ago. Only made it out a couple hours before a storm front came from nowhere and sent us back to the truck. Stopped along the Oregon Trail near the Snake River. Hit some small dunes on he way back home... View attachment 266627 View attachment 266628 View attachment 266629 View attachment 266630
can you actually ride on the oregon trail? i've never been out west or near it, so i was curious if they allowed you to ride it, and if it was actually marked

·
Registered
1,158 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #978 · (Edited)
Oh no Mr. bill not the leaky shock thread agin!!!!!!
So much controversy, pain and having to except responsibility for your own actions! The horror the senslessness.......oh wait this is a Republican thread wheeeew I forgot this is not Facebook, Twitter or CNN msnbc CBS this is real people with intelligent thoughts.

I'm breathing ok again
😜😁🤪🤣😅

·
Registered
98 Posts
can you actually ride on the oregon trail? i've never been out west or near it, so i was curious if they allowed you to ride it, and if it was actually marked
You can ride parts of it. There are signs marking it. Some wagon ruts are still visible. Those are normally protected.

·
Registered
712 Posts
You can ride parts of it. There are signs marking it. Some wagon ruts are still visible. Those are normally protected.
that's awesome honestly.. i'm a huge history nerd.. next time you're in the area wana snag some of those wagon rut photos for me?

961 - 980 of 1002 Posts